Mandatory E-filing of Income Tax Return- with or without Digital signatures –
Online filing of income tax return has become mandatory for certain assessees. E-filing income tax return can be done with or without digital signature. Government along with online income tax return filing has also mandated certain class of assessee to file online return only with the digital signature. Under mentioned assessees covering under any of the option have to follow the same from AY 2013-14.
- An Individual or HUF whose total income in the previous year exceeds Rs. 5 lacs.
- An Individual or HUF being a resident, having assets (including financial interest in any entity) located outside India or signing authority in any account located outside India and required to furnish the return in Form ITR-2 or ITR-3 or ITR-4, as the case may be.
- A person claiming any relief of tax under section 90 or 90A or deduction of tax under section 91 of the Act
Compulsory E-filing of income tax return only with Digital signatures –
- An Individual & HUF who are required to get their books of accounts audited u/s 44AB.
- A firm who is required to get their books of accounts audited u/s 44AB.
- A company who is required to file in Form ITR -6.
So you can see that its not mendatory for trusts to file return online. So you can file the returns in offline mode also.
Posted 4 years, 3 months ago by Rahul Rai
Posted 4 years, 3 months ago by Ankit Sharma
yes you can. but now you can file it online also.
Posted 4 years, 3 months ago by MANOJ SHARMA
You need to be logged in to reply.