Go to Karnatka PT (Profession Tax) website

Click on New RC request

Fill the necessary details in form.

Once form is filled and submitted an acknowledgment will be generated. 

Print the aknowledgement and attach the following documents with the acknowledgment document

  1. 2 passport size photographs
  2. Pan card copy and TAN details
  3. Election ID/Driving license copy
  4. VAT Registration Certificate
  5. Salary Statement for past 3 months 

6. If you are already registered under VAT, pay Rs 2500 for enrollment using the TIN no and take the Printout of the certificate. Otherwise, take a cheque for Rs 1000 in the name of PTO.

7. Authorization letter for any other person going on behalf of the proprietor.

Once all these documents ,alongwith the cheque is submitted to the concerned PTO, the documents will be scrutinized to the satisfaction of the officer. It may take around 15-20 days for them to issue registration number i.e EC /RC no with userid and password details. Once , these details are obtained, the Employer/Professional may start deducting PT from employee's salary and remit and file PT returns.

Posted 3 years, 5 months ago by HS VEDANTA DESHIKA

Hi Vedanta,

Can you explain which returns one need to file and frequency of returns.

Posted 3 years, 5 months ago by Rahul Rai

We need to file monthly returns through electronic mode. Login using the USERID and PASSWORD . Fill the employee salary details and the system automatically calculates the PT amount. Remit the amount using vat.kar.nic.in/epay Website and submit the returns using the PT site.  

Posted 3 years, 5 months ago by HS VEDANTA DESHIKA

Your Reply:

You need to be logged in to reply.