My name is sujay I am working as accounts assistant, i have deducted TDS from rent, professional and technical and payment to contractors. I know the collected amount should be credited to central govt. As a self starter I don’t know the next step what should be done please suggest the steps and forms and formats should be used.

Posted 3 years, 5 months ago by sujaykiran byrappa

Hi Sujay,

Best of Luck for your career. Here is the solution for your concerns.

First i will advice you to go throw these articles and posts:

TDS-Tax Deducted At Source, Complete understanding and Legal Procedures


Since you have deducted tax and paid to government next step is to file the Quarterly returns.

Due date to file TDS quarterly returns for each quarter is 15th of next month of each quarter.

File form 24Q for TDS deducted on Salary and form 26Q for TDS deducted on Professional, Rent, technical services etc.

You can file returns using any of the TDS filing software available in market or you can use utility provided by TDS department.

You can contact any professional for TDS filing if want to save software cost or are not sure of how to do, Non- compliances can result in huge penalties. Please reply if you have any further doubts.

Posted 3 years, 5 months ago by CA Pulkit Sharma

As pulkit rightly told, the next step shall be to file the quarterly returns of TDS.In case you file a late return there is a penalty of Rs.200/ day of delay to the extent of tds amount, Also there is a interest of 1.5% PM is payable for delay in making the payment.

Posted 3 years, 5 months ago by Mukesh Solanki

Your Reply:

You need to be logged in to reply.