The Ministry of Corporate Affairs announced the Company Law Settlement Scheme, 2014 (CLSS, 2014) which provides a one-time opportunity for companies to settle all their pending annual filing with reduced filing fees. A waiver of 75% of the actual additional filing fees is given under the scheme.
This scheme comes as a big relief to all companies which were hit by the hefty fees charged under New Companies Act, 2013.
Which Companies can make use of this Scheme
- Defaulting Companies
- Inactive Companies
Forms that can be filed under this Scheme
- Form 20B - Annual returns (Cos with share capital)
- Form 21A - Annual returns (Cos without share capital)
- Form 23AC & ACA – Balance sheet & Profit & Loss
- Form 66 – Compliance Certificate
- Form 23B – Intimation of Appointment of Auditors
Time Period of the Scheme :-
15th Aug, 2014 - 15th Oct, 2014
Scheme is not applicable to following companies
- Vanishing Companies
- Section 455 - Companies which have applied for obtaining dormant status
- Section 560 - Companies on which action has been taken for striking off the name by ROC
- Companies which have applied to ROC for striking off the name
Posted 2 years, 8 months ago by Half-God Half-Man
A very good informative post. Thanks for posting such detailed post.
My question is how to claim this relief? Additional fees will be reduced while filing the returns or we have to pay and then claim refunds?
Posted 2 years, 8 months ago by Ram Sinha
You need to be logged in to reply.