How to surrender duplicate pan?  Please explain the procedure practically. 

Posted 2 years, 1 month ago by Mukesh Jain CA

The procedures to surrender duplicate PAN are:

  1. Fill a new form for correction in PAN and submit it along with details of PAN to be surrendered and PAN to be retained, or
  2. Go to PAN surrender form online, fill the form and submit or,
  3. Write a letter to assessing office with whom you file the returns, keep the aknowledgement copy.

Posted 2 years, 1 month ago by CA Pulkit Sharma

I checked with PRO at Income Tax Office. They have told that we can surrender a PAN by just filing a letter with the relevant jurisdictional Assessing Officer. 

Posted 2 years ago by Mukesh Jain CA

Your Reply:

You need to be logged in to reply.