Dear Experts,

Please help me for the following case.

1) Recently we have shifted our factory from Bommanahalli to Jigani Indl Area. In Form 26AS we have seen refund of Rs.723600/- has been paid through cheque for the AY 2012-13. We have changed the new address in the online portal,But we have not received the cheque in the present address. The registered post might have gone to the old address and returned back to the department. Now how i can get the refund cheque back.


2) We have received the Message from Income Tax Department that, "Unable to credit refund as the account number provided by you is incorrect". We cheked in the ITR for the AY 2013-14.Insted of giving 4 digit 0s in account number we have given 3 0s. In this case also how to get the refund back to us.

Kindly help me.

Thanks in advance.




Posted 2 years, 8 months ago by Antony Raj

Hi, It happens many time that cheque gets return. Income tax department once again will send the cheque, normally the cheque is sent twice.

The new cheque may come at the new address updated with department. However, you should also keep an eye on your old office address, if cheque comes there please collect it. Department will not send cheque third time.

You can login to your account and rise a refund reissue request. Provide the correct details there and you will get the refund.

Income tax refund request online

Posted 2 years, 8 months ago by Rahul Rai

Your Reply:

You need to be logged in to reply.