Dear Sir 


Am running a manufacturing unit in Karnataka and my commodities/products are tax exempted under the KVAT so whether I need to have TIN Registration ? Please help me out 

Posted 2 years, 9 months ago by Vasantharaju Urs

Well, absolutely not necessary because Sec 22 of KVAT Act, 2003 clearly tells only those dealers who have taxable turnover ( likely to exceed Rs 7.5 lakhs pa or Rs 62.5K pm) are liable to register.

Since Exempted sales do not form part of taxble turnover, you are exempt from registration. But, that does not stop you if you want to opt for Voluntary Registration. Getting a VAT Registration has got other benefits.

Posted 2 years, 9 months ago by HS VEDANTA DESHIKA

Your Reply:

You need to be logged in to reply.