I want Start a trading firm, suppose to deals in Bio-Herbal agricultural products & goods supposed to be purchased from pune & ahmedabad. I want to know that how can I bring the goods in karnataka without any TIN or VAT number, or e-sugam form,  as my turn over initialy won't be cross 3-4 lacs.

Please help me.

Posted 2 years, 10 months ago by Veejay Kumar

You can register for vat even if your turnover is 3-5 lakh.

The sellers will require c-forms which is possible only if you register under vat and CST.

Posted 2 years, 9 months ago by CA Pulkit Sharma

Regards Dear Pulkit ji

Thanks for the information secondly I just want to know that I am non resident of Karnataka, rather I should say  I just shifted to karnataka and I do not have LOCAL proof of Identity or Residence except a Rent Agreement and Bank Pass book which shows local address and of course a Gas Connection book only.

Is it possible to obtain TIN/VAT certificate from Karnataka Govt to enable me to start my new business in Karnataka.

what to do please guide and oblige.

Posted 2 years, 9 months ago by Veejay Kumar


Pulkit ji

or any other way , by which I can consign the goods from pune or ahmedabad?

Posted 2 years, 9 months ago by Veejay Kumar

As per VAT ACT, a dealer dealing in interstate trade must get VAT registration. If you register under VAT the maximum tax on interstate purchase will be 2% against C-Form instead of original VAT or 14% or 5%.

Even if you are not local citizen of Karnataka, you can get the VAT registration in Karnataka by showing the proof of residence in your local state.

You need to provide following documents:

Local Rent agreement and Electricity bill of place you staying.

Rent agreement and electricity bill of shop.

Gas connection bill and domicile certificate (Mul Nivash Praman Patra in hindi) and photos.

Posted 2 years, 9 months ago by CA Pulkit Sharma


pulkit ji

and Thanks a lot for providing me the appropriate knowledge.

Thank you very much.

Vijay Kumar

Posted 2 years, 9 months ago by Veejay Kumar

Your Reply:

You need to be logged in to reply.