Hi there,

This is mahesh from Bangalore and I need your assistance sir in the following matter.

1.Do I need to obtain TIN number to start a hardware or any dealership?

2.Do I need to be a income tax payer for obtaining TIN number ?

Posted 2 years ago by mahesh mahesh

You need TIN if your turnover cross the minimum exempted limit. But it is adviced that you take TIN to avoid difficulty of frequent visits by sales tax officers. If you will sell anything out of Karnataka you will need TIN even if your tunover does not cross minimum exemption limit.

You do not have to be income tax payer to obtain TIN but you should have PAN.

Feel free to ask any other help.

Posted 2 years ago by CA Pulkit Sharma

Thk u sir.

Posted 2 years ago by mahesh mahesh

Your Reply:

You need to be logged in to reply.