One of My client is a partner in a firm, from which he is getting Salary. Under which head of  income his income is to be shown, business or Profession?

Posted 2 years, 3 months ago by Ankit Sharma

Salary, Commission or any other income received by a partner from firm in which he is a partner will be taxed under the head "Income from Business and Profession" as per section 28.

Partnership firm can claim these as expenses however subjected to limitation specified.

Posted 2 years, 3 months ago by Rahul Rai

As per section 28(v) of Income tax act, any interest, salary,bonus, commission or remuneration, by whatever name called, received by a partner of the firm from such firm should be shown under the head 'Profit and gain of business or profession'

So, salary received by partner should be shown as business income.

Posted 2 years, 3 months ago by Ankit Sharma

Your Reply:

You need to be logged in to reply.