My business requires bringing products from outside Karnataka to increase sales and save cost. Do I need Karnataka TIN even though my business has not crossed Rs. 5,00,000 turnover yet as pre-requistite. Can you bring products without TIN in the Karnataka state?




Posted 2 years, 5 months ago by Keshav udata


VAT registration is compulsory for your business since you are trading interstate. Minimum exemption limit is not applicable on dealer involved in interstate trades.

You can refer to this discussion for further clarity, VAT registration provisions.

Posted 2 years, 5 months ago by CA Pulkit Sharma

Hi Mr.PS,

We have a Pvt Ltd Company registered at Tamilnadu and already had TIN and CST there.  We are operating our office here in Bangalore, so, we need to get a new TIN number here in Bangalore.  Came to know that, resolution letter is enough to apply for new TIN.  Kindly advice the procedures. 

Posted 2 years, 2 months ago by Bhuvani Enquiry

For a private limited company to register under VAT, you need resolution letter to authorise a person to represent company before the VAT authorities.

However procedure for VAT is similar whether it is a private limited or individual firm.

The documents required for VAT registration are:

For business:

  1. MOA,
  2. AOA,
  3. Certificate of Incorporation,
  4. Bank accounts details,
  5. PAN,
  6. Rent agreement,
  7. Elctricity bill

Documents of Directors and representative:

  1. PAN
  2. photo
  3. Address proof
  4. Rent agreement and Electricity bill
  5. If not from Karnataka then a domicile certificate is also required.

Please feel free to contact for any professional enquiry.

Posted 2 years, 2 months ago by CA Pulkit Sharma

Your Reply:

You need to be logged in to reply.