Who should get Registeration under VAT/TIN in Karnataka?

Any dealer whose sales cross 5 lakh in a year. He should apply for Vat/Tin and also specidifed dealers.

What if i dont register for VAT?

Vat inspectors keep inspecting the dealers from time to time and chances of harassment increases. And also to apply for Overdraft facility with banks one need VAT registration or other government certified document. And you cant avail tax Credit facility.

What is the procedure for VAT Registation in Karnataka?

Go to karnataka VAT website. Click on e-Registation and fill the form, also attach the scanned documents.

Pay the Registration fees online or offline.

Inspector will inspect the dealers premises, once inspection is over. Security Deposit has to be made. Upon satisfication by Commissionar of VAT, certification of registration will be issued. User id and password will be issued by department to file online returns.

What are the legal Requirements once Registration is completed?

Dealers have to issue invoices mentioning TIN number on all bills/invoices. Applicable VAt to be charged on all bills.

Every Month/quarter Vat return has to furnished online and also VAT collected in excess of available credit to be remitted to government.

If sales cross 1 crore in a year, compulsory VAT audit has to be done.

Posted 3 years, 6 months ago by CA Pulkit Sharma

Is it compulsory to file monthly VAT returns, even if the turnover is nil?

Posted 3 years, 3 months ago by Rahul Rai

Yes its compulsory. Even if the turnover is nil. Returns should be filed every month or quarter (as applicable) from the month of registration to till registration is not surrendered.

Posted 3 years, 3 months ago by CA Pulkit Sharma

i want to open a firm of mine in which i will have a turnover of rs 10000 per month. basiclly i will be supplier of colddrink to a institution.
but for then its necessary that i should have a tin no.

please tell me how to start and how much time it may take to do all.

Posted 3 years, 2 months ago by gaurav kumar

You dont have to get TIN if the sales are below minimum limit upto which sales are exempted. In Karnataka its 5 lakh.

Since your turnover for the year will be less than 5 lakh, you dont require any TIN.

But maintain the proper books of accounts like purchase bills, sales bills etc. In case VAT department inspects, you have the proofs to claim exemptions.

Posted 3 years, 2 months ago by CA Pulkit Sharma

Hi All,

I need help regarding invoice, i have IT business....in bangalore. i have already Service Tax but not VAT. the problem is i also do Hardware sales but not every month, some time if i get hardware requirment i make sale and provide to customer.... so do i need to get VAT for my business or can i issue invoice without TIN no., plz advice me what should i do, because i need to issue invoice for my customers if sell hardware.



Posted 2 years, 11 months ago by Syed Shahid

You need to have VAT registration to sell hardware. For VAT registration you can contact me or any other consultant.

What is your revenue from hardware sales (Approximately)?

Posted 2 years, 11 months ago by CA Pulkit Sharma

Hello Mr.Pulkit,

Thanks for reply, i have Software and Hardware business in bangalore, i am patner with Software company and i do software sales based on margin, like i get software from software company and it is from out of karnataka, i promote software in banagalore with some margin same time i also provide hardware with software so for this reason i just wanted to know do i have to make VAT for my business?

All my clients need invoice, and even software company make Tax invoice for me, so i have to prepare invoice for clients in bangalore, my hardware monthly turnover is not sure, bcos only if i get order than only i have to issue invoice else no...


so please understand my requirment and suggest me what should i do, and also let me know what are the charges for making VAT for my business...

Posted 2 years, 11 months ago by Syed Shahid

If you sell, then TIN number is required. In case your sales for the year have crossed 5 Lakhs, its adviced to obtain TIN (VAT Registration).

With VAT registration you will have a valid registration document to obtain contacts from Big corporate houses too. They require TIN.

As far as legal issue is concerned, you need to take VAT registration if your sale in a year (April to March) cross 5 lakhs. As soon as Sales cross 5 Lakhs, you need to take VAT registration.

However registration before sales cross 5 Lakhs can be taken but you have to file monthly returns and issue bills as per VAT rules.

Posted 2 years, 11 months ago by CA Pulkit Sharma

Dear Pulkit,

Thank you so much!!!

at present our sales is less then 5lakh, so help me how can invoice customer for both software and hardware with VAT or TIN no in my invoice, so please help me in this matter....

my only concern is, i get invoice from Software and hardware vendors and same i have to issue invoice from my office to client by adding extra amount in invoice...

i will go as per your suggestion because i really dont like to take risk if i issue invoice without TIN..


Please advice me what should i do, i am sure my sales not crossing 5lakh is less then 5 lakh only.

Posted 2 years, 11 months ago by Syed Shahid

You can not charge VAT unless you are registered and have TIN. Its an offence. Till you dont get registration, issue bills without charging VAT.

Issue a normal bill without VAT. There is no problem in issuing bills without TIN or VAT. You have to charge VAT and mention TIN in invoice only if you are registered under VAT Act.

Hope this clears your doubts.

Posted 2 years, 11 months ago by CA Pulkit Sharma

Hi all you can advertise your business on tikshare for free. Just click here to advertise and post free classified ad and fill the details.

Thank you

Posted 2 years, 11 months ago by CA Pulkit Sharma

Hi, for a partnership firm operated from home, do you need a Shops and Establishments Certificate? If so, should it be done before VAT registration?

Posted 2 years, 6 months ago by Joseph Dsouza

For VAT registeration Shops and Establishment registration is not compulsory. However you need to operate from a commercial place.

Posted 2 years, 6 months ago by CA Pulkit Sharma

You can check the details of VAT registration in Karnataka and search the existing dealers

Know your TIN-Check TIN in Karnataka-Verify TIN details in Karnataka-Verify TIN VAT Certificate


Posted 2 years, 5 months ago by CA Pulkit Sharma

Really good post and this article is helping everyone. Keep coming with such great posts.

I think everyone should share their knowledge, so that lot of free information is accesible by public.

Posted 2 years, 5 months ago by Rahul Rai

This is very useful piece of information for non technical people.

We are in Interior and Architechture business having main office in Mumbai, Maharashtra.  Recently we are awarded a project in SEZ Bangalore, which will be in form of works contract including material as well as labour. So legally I will have to do VAT registration in Karnataka.

I need advice regarding opening a branch office in Bangalore and documents required for obtaining VAT number (as branch operations and not new business).

Thanks in advance. 


Posted 2 years, 4 months ago by Vinay Patil

Hi Vinay, Procedure for VAT registration will be same as listed on top of this post.

Procedure and documents required for VAT registration in Karnataka in detail:

  1. We have to apply for vat registration along with scanned documents,
  2. Inspection will be done by inspector
  3. Paying the security deposit and obtaining certificate

Documents required are:

Documents of company

  1. Rent agreement of business place
  2. Electricity bill of rented premises
  3. Pan card of Company
  4. Vat registration certificates of other states where company is already registered.

 Documents of directors:

  1. Address proof
  2. Id proof (PAN Card)
  3. Two photos directors
  4. Domicile certificate of directors
  5. Rent agreement or House tax receipt in case directors are from Karnataka.

Please note that at the day of inspection, either of the director has to be present at location. If director is not present then any of the authorized person has to be available. Documents for authorized person are same as for directors.

Posted 2 years, 4 months ago by CA Pulkit Sharma

Very nice post.

Ours is an LLP in Bangalore  having Software Programming Development to US Customers. 

Does we require Karnataka VAT Registration ?

Export Sales are Exempted from VAT. But somebody saying since it forms part of Total Turnover - we need to get registered under KVAT. Is it right ?

I think we also need to get regsitered for Professional Tax ( General ) and Professional Tax - Employees - with Karnataka Commerical Tax Department.


Thanks in advance.



Posted 2 years, 4 months ago by Ganesh Prasad

Since you are only outsourcing the software development (Its service only i believe), VAT registration is not applicable.

However you need to get registered under profession tax for your firm and employees.

Posted 2 years, 4 months ago by CA Pulkit Sharma

Hello Pulkit,

Your post helped me to understand VAT registration requirement.

 Is it advisable to go online mode? One of the tax consultant quoted Rs. 14K for TAN registration in Bangalore, I'm wondering if I can save some money by going online.

How long does online registration process usually take?



Posted 2 years, 4 months ago by Shekhar K

Hi Shekhar,

Procedure in detail is explained above. You can get TIN registraiton by yourself without help of consultant, but people take help of consultants to save time.

You might have to visit 4-5 times to department and you can save time if you appoint a consultant.

14000 is reasonable fees and not much, out of this 9000 will be the government fees + OP only, so your consultant is right with his fees.

Posted 2 years, 4 months ago by CA Pulkit Sharma

We are opening a Online Ecommerce, Where we would be shipping products to different states.

Planning to do from my residence, the sales will not cross 2lakhs per annum.. May I know what are the legal requirements to start up a online bussiness? What is Tin, Vat, Cst? is all are same?

Will they provide VAT/CST registration if I do bussiness from my residence? can I ship the products all over india by just haveing TIN/VAT? or do I need to register CST with every state? really confusing I am not sure how to get it done?

Need your answers ASAP

Posted 2 years, 3 months ago by Praveen Kumar

CST registration is not required statewise and even vat is enough for one state.

I believe your question similar to yours was discussed in the following threads:

Online Selling at marketplace of ecommerce sites

Requirement of office premises for online Business

For further doubts please do ask in new thread.

Thank you

Posted 2 years, 3 months ago by CA Pulkit Sharma

Hi sir i have more than 1000 mobile case products i need to sell in flipkart,but the vat or tin or cst is mandatory to sell in flipkart, can you please tell me procedures for registration for this , i am from karnataka i dont have any office and i dont have partners please tell me how to register for vat is office is compulsary needed and please tell me the price of registration.

Posted 2 years, 3 months ago by Vaishak M Gowda

Hi Vikash,

You need VAT registration not for selling on flipkart but to even sell out of Karnataka. The procedure to sell online is explained in thread opening post.

Cost of registration is approximatly 14000 inlcuding professional fees. Cost will depend on professional you hire for registration.

Office is required for registration. You need to have an office to get VAT registration. You can contact at my mail id for registration services. pulkit (at) psca (dot) co.in

Posted 2 years, 3 months ago by CA Pulkit Sharma

Hi Pulkit,

Thanks for the information. I want to start selling on Amazon and they are asking for VAT/CST number. My Turnover is not going to be anything beyond 10K per month. This is going to be home based business where I do not have business place setup. I simply buy from local market or get things customzied and then sell them online. What will be the procedure for me to get VAT/CST ?



Posted 2 years, 2 months ago by shrikirti lal

Hi Shrikriti,

You are one among many who are venturing in online markeplace niche. Though for VAT registration you have an option to not register till you cross trunover of 7.5 Lakhs in Karnataka.

But, you need to register if you are engaged in interstate trade. Since, you will be selling on online portal your buyers may be from different parts of India.

Also, you need VAT registration to sell on portals like Amazon and Flipkart.

Your concerns are discuss in the post Online Selling at marketplace of ecommerce sites

Please have a look and do get back for futher queries.

Thank you

Posted 2 years, 2 months ago by CA Pulkit Sharma

The post is highly populated due to lot of replies. It is a request to start a new discussion for any doubts further on this topic.

Thank you

Posted 2 years, 2 months ago by CA Pulkit Sharma

what is the cost involved in VAT registration in Karnataka?

please give me the online link to apply for TIN


Posted 2 years, 1 month ago by Sudhakar Paul

Hi Sudhakar,

Online link is given in first post itself. Please read the starting paragraph of this discussion. Entire procedure is explained in first para to get vat registration.

Cost would be in range of 15000, if done through a professional. If you do it on your own, the cost will be 8000-12000 depending on security deposit and professional tax.

Posted 2 years, 1 month ago by CA Pulkit Sharma

Hi PS,

I am a cashew dealer from bangalore with more than 5lakhs turn over per year, but no VAT-TIN registered. However bigger firms want me to provide one for business with thier firms.

I need to know the details of registrations. can you help me with the same.

You can also share your mobile number and send it to raki.rs@rediffmail.com




Posted 2 years, 1 month ago by Rakesh Naidu

Registration procedure is already explained in this post. You can do it yourself or consult a professional. You can contact me for this service. Look for other posts on this site, you will see documents required.

Contact details are in classified ad posted. You can check it there.

Posted 2 years, 1 month ago by CA Pulkit Sharma


I am planning to start my own business. I will be importing items from china and want to sell the items here. For online selling, flipkart is one option, but flipkart needs TIN no for registration. I am not sure about my to be yearly turnover, but it wont cross Rs. 5 lack per anum. Please let me know what are the things that I should do to start. 

Posted 2 years ago by Nibir Chakraborty


You need to get VAT registration since you will be involved in interstate trades and imports.

Posted 2 years ago by CA Pulkit Sharma

Hi I want to sell my paintings online to do that do I need Vat id? also I want to open a small shop to sell painting. Please suggest do I need vat and tin fo this?

Posted 2 years ago by sudhanva sudhanva

Dear Sirs

I have filied my Vat Application first time on 22/05/2015 through Online, and I have paid Rs.500 also as registration fees through online. But till date no one has come for Inspection and no information also from the LVO.

Whether they will take much time to come and Inspect the Premises or we have to take the Appointment from the LVO Inspector.

Kindly clarify the same

Thanking you.


Posted 1 year, 12 months ago by Antony Raj

They have to complete it withing 10 working days. You got still some time left. You can call at LVO and ask aobut status.

Posted 1 year, 12 months ago by CA Pulkit Sharma

Sir I wnated to register for the TIN number in Hubli Karnataka,

what will be exact fees and security deposit amount.

Please tell me the amount required for registration.

thanks in advance

Posted 1 year, 12 months ago by Mallappa Hadpad

Cost depends on fees of consultant in Hubli. If you want to do it yourself, then cost will be around Security Deposit - 3500 (approximatly, depends on commodity). PT- 1,000 (Proprietorship), Application Fee - 500. OP depends on your personal bargaining.

Posted 1 year, 12 months ago by CA Pulkit Sharma

hi mr. pulkit

   im owner of a boutique in banglore and i dont have tin and vat no i wnat to apply for it . can you tell waht i havre to do for this ? and my monthly turn over is approx 1 lakh but after giving salary my profit is approx 25k -30k per month is it must to apply for tin and vat no for me ?

Posted 1 year, 11 months ago by anoop aswal

Profit is not a creteria for VAT registration. If your tunover exceeds 10 lakhs you need to have VAT regsitration. You can read this post to understand whether you need a VAT registration or not. Registration provisions under Karnataka Vat Act

Procedure is given in opening post of this thread.

Posted 1 year, 11 months ago by CA Pulkit Sharma

Hi Pulkit,
I need your help in understanding whether i need to register for TIN/ Vat or not. I have a part time business & my annual sales do not exceed Rs 2lakhs per month. Do i need to register or not? Also i wanted to register as an e seller on one of the prominent e commerce websites but as per the T&C mentioned in their FAQ's, it seems only books n unstitched dress materials can be sold without registration. For selling anything else other than these we need to provide TIN. What is your take on this??

Your reply in this regrad will be highly appreciated. TIA


Posted 1 year, 10 months ago by Vyom v

Hi Vyom,

Regarding your offline business with current turnover you do not require VAT registration. However with respect to you sells on E-Commerce websites, you need to have VAT registration.

Reason for VAT registration and other doubts you can  refer to this discussion VAT Registration for online selling on E-Commerce portals.

Posted 1 year, 10 months ago by CA Pulkit Sharma

Thanks a lot Pulkit for sharing the information.
Can you share the procedure for VAT registeration. Also please share what are the requirements after registeration like annual returns etc.
I would also like to know if my residentail address can be given as address of commercial establishment since i am operating out of my residence.


Posted 1 year, 10 months ago by Vyom v


I need one help, i have a turnover over 5 lack per year. But i dont have a fixed business address. I am keep purchasing from many manufacturers and supplying it to the traders. 

Is VAT registration is compulsory for me?

If yes what should be documents to ne produced

Posted 1 year, 10 months ago by deepak kajekar


Am From Bangalore.

I want to start a home based business for my wife. 

Selling; Fashion Accessories, Garments etc.

The products are sold online and in exhibitions

We own / live in an apartment (Penthouse)

We want to register for VAT / TIN, so we can sell products on other websites viz. Flipkart, Snapdeal etc.

Will I be able to do a VAT registration in her name at the Apartment address?

The apartment is in my name.

Posted 1 year, 10 months ago by Yogesh Madhwani

Fortunate enough the way we do business has changed but not the minds controlling tax collection. Our laws are still lagging behind to adept to these recent changes.

You will not get VAT registration at apartment address, need to have a commercial property. If you have an independent house you will get it.

Posted 1 year, 10 months ago by Rahul Rai

Sir i have 3 questions please clear it sir...

1) On same TIN number we have run 2 business like Electronic and Furniture sir?

2) If i close all Business in future its any problem with TIN number i have to inform any concern department?

3) If i register TIN number in Bangalore n future i have shifted my business some ohter place out
of banagalore i have use same TIN number?

Posted 1 year, 9 months ago by Sumeet G

1) With one TIN you can have any number of business. Infact for a single PAN only one TIN number is issued.

2) If you close your business, you need to surrender your TIN.

3) You can use same TIN withing a state. If you shift out of State, you need to obtain TIN of that state. However, you need to update your new address with department.

Posted 1 year, 9 months ago by CA Pulkit Sharma




Posted 1 year, 9 months ago by Raghu Mysore

I have a doubt.

 - I already have a registered VAT number, because I am selling readymade garments online. I have used my personal PAN number for the same.

- Now I want to sell books online(which are VAT exempted). I want to give a different name to this company. Do I need to apply for a fresh VAT or TIN against the same PAN number; or I can go for adding a catagory for the same VAT number.

Posted 1 year, 8 months ago by Vivek Agarwal

Dear Pulkit

how much is the security deposit and professional tax amount?



Posted 1 year, 6 months ago by Sarika Varshney

Security deposit depends upon the commodities you dealing with and nature of business. However minimum deposit will start from 4000Rs.

Profession tax is fixed and for individuals its 1500 and vary with type of organisation.

Posted 1 year, 6 months ago by CA Pulkit Sharma

Thanks for your prompt reply , can u give a step wise registration help for the form

I need to sell products of absolutely different types , computer, home , fitness..

so do i need separate vat for all ? , how do i fill the second page of VAT ereg form , it asks for one particular product type, or simply i shouldnt fill?

with multiple types of products how much prof tax and security i have to pay ?

actually can u guide me fill the form ?

Also I need VAT to buy products , so no buying till now , will no setup to show be an issue for Vat inspector ?




Posted 1 year, 6 months ago by Sarika Varshney

You do not need a seperate vat registration for different items. Please start a new thread and we should discuss it there. This thread is already full of replies and information mails may disturb other users.


Posted 1 year, 6 months ago by CA Pulkit Sharma

I will start another thread.Thanks

Posted 1 year, 6 months ago by Sarika Varshney

Latest changes in Tikshare

Check IFSC, MICR and branch address of all the banks in India

Posted 1 year, 5 months ago by CA Pulkit Sharma

You can also read the vat registration procedure in Rajastha,

VAT registration in Rajasthan

Posted 1 year, 4 months ago by Rahul Rai

Mr. Pulkit Sharma


I have got incorporated for my new company.

I need to get this all :-

  1. VAT, PT and CST  registration
  2. For registration under KARNATAKA LABOUR LAWS
  3. For Obtaining IMPORT EXPORT CODE

Can u please tell me how much approx i need to pay for all this including?

(registration fee + Misc. Expenses)

And if i hire some one then how much i need to pay him including his/her Professional fees also?

Posted 1 year, 4 months ago by Kumar Shubham

Hi Subham,

I am a chartered accountant and I do provide all these services you mentioned. Bound by professional ethics fee cannot be quoted on an open platform.

You should be able to get all these registration within 40,000 including professional fees. for contact details see Pulkit Sharma and Associates

Posted 1 year, 4 months ago by CA Pulkit Sharma

Mr. Pulkit sharma


I am very glad that you replied me very fast.

Actually i have been tied up with a consultancy and

they are going to provide me a CA of their own.

So, Thats why i just wanna know the details and charges and

as, u said the price is just matching and yours is bit low price.

But i am extremly sorry because i have to go with them only.

I have taken a yearly package from them in which includes all.


                 Thanking You



Warm Regards,

Kumar Shubham

Posted 1 year, 4 months ago by Kumar Shubham

Hello sir, 

I want to start a export business. Following are my questions.

-What is the security deposit for granite export. And what is purpose for deposit?

-What is the overall expenses for vat registeration and IEC?

-Can I register firm from my home (flat).?

-Also provide me the best bank to start export business?



Posted 1 year, 4 months ago by Vijendra Kumar

Hi Vijendra,

Security deposit will be roughly between 10 to 15K

-What is the security deposit for granite export. And what is purpose for deposit? - See more at: http://www.tikshare.com/forum/showPost/216/Complete-Procedure-to-get-VAT-TIN-registration-in-Karnataka#replySection

It is difficult to put a price on what the costs will be as it varies from consultant to consultant as well as their rappot with the commercial tax office. ( approx 40 to 45K)

Registration of a firm is allowed only from a commercial property ( residential flats will not be allowed )

The bank of choice will vary with turn over and country of dealing. I suggest you go with a nationalized bank rather than the private banks.

Feel free to contact me on naesross@yahoo.com for any help.








Posted 1 year, 4 months ago by Sean Ross

Hello Sir,

I want to start a new business of retail trade in organic products. The goods would be purchased from Delhi and would be sold in Bangalore.I just want to enquire :

1. What are all the registrations required under Sales Tax Act and any other act?

2.I am staying on rent in Bangalore so what documents would ber required, as my permanent address is out of Karnataka?

3. If I want to start the business from my home, what would be the documents required?



Posted 1 year, 3 months ago by Rakit Bansal

Hello Pulkit,

I have a small business of selling handmade jewelery from my home in Bangalore. However, to sell on websites like flipkart and amazon they are mandatorarily asking VAT /TIN number.

The turnover is less than a lakh for me in a year.

Could you please guide me the process?

Posted 1 year, 3 months ago by Shivani Gupta

Hi CA Pulkit Sharma,

I am planning to sell T-shirts online through Flipkart. But they are asking VAT number. My plan is to sell online only and it may be lss that 1 lakh or 50000 turn over in a year. Do I need to take VAT? without this I cannot register I think.

Please help me

Posted 1 year, 3 months ago by Akhil Namboothiri



I want to buy goods locally in Bangalore and I will sell them on eCommerse portals like Paytm, ebay etc.

can I register for VAT as an individual or can I register for VAT as home based business?

Please advice




Posted 1 year, 2 months ago by Prashant Hegde

Hi Sir,


We would like to start online selling of goods basically artificial jewellery and other minor stuff through portals like flipkart amazon. These portals are asking us for TIN number. Do we need TIN and service tax to sell goods thru online?

We dont know how much our turnover will be as we couldn't predict. How can i contact you and how much it will cost me approx to get these registrations? Thanks.


Best Regards,


Posted 1 year, 1 month ago by Jay Kumar

@ Jay Kumar,

You need to have TIN when you are involved into interstate trading. Since flipkart etc. may sell your goods out of state, it is compulsory to take TIN.

You can mail me your requirement at pulkit(@)psca.co.in, we can discuss cost and timeline.

Posted 1 year, 1 month ago by CA Pulkit Sharma

Dear Pulkit,


I hava a small boutique in bangalore. Now I am planning to sale my products online as well. 

My brother who's having a small business in different state having TIN/VAT no. can I use same TIN/VAT no for my online business? (he's having a shop of Ladies assoceries and Gift Items)



Posted 11 months, 4 weeks ago by Preeti Singh

Need your help in getting vat registration done for my firm. pls email me ur contact detail asap, 

Posted 11 months, 1 week ago by Mayank Verma

Hi Mayank you check my profile for email, you can drop your details at whatsapp 9632192440.

Posted 11 months, 1 week ago by CA Pulkit Sharma

Hello Mr Pulkit,

One of my relative had registered for Karnataka VAT around 2 years ago. From the time onwards he has not filed any return(monthly). 

Now, he wants to use that registered VAT for business purpose and file regular returns. He has the VAT number with him.

But he dosent have the VAT certificate, and also he dosent have the password to login to the VAT portal to file the returns. 

  1. What is the process to get a certificate and also regenerate the password. 
  2. What is cost involved in the same.

Thanks a lot in Advance.


Posted 11 months, 1 week ago by Vivek Agarwal

Hi Pulkit. My father has just opened an automobile shop in Hubbali, Karnataka. He sells tyres, spare parts and automobile oil in his shop. He was advised to get a TIN number if he wants to buy oil and parts. Is that true? Does he need a TIN number in order to operate business? I'm very sure that the sales will not exceed 5 lakh, at least not this year. What do you advise?

Posted 10 months, 2 weeks ago by Ruby Lawrence


If you not filed penalty will applicable 

Posted 10 months, 1 week ago by Rajesh Rajee


It is must for all business


Posted 10 months, 1 week ago by Rajesh Rajee

Hi Pulkit,

I want to supply food items like papad, acchar, namkeen in Bangalore which I am getting from Rajasthan and other local vendors in Bangalore.

My sales will not cross 5lac per year. I want to be able to provide bills to my clients. Please let me know the requirements.

Posted 10 months ago by saurabh baid

Hi pulkit, 

Can I use address of rented apartment for vat registration in karnataka? 

If that's not possible can I use address of rented apartment as additional place of business? If one vat registration is in Gujarat, do I need another vat registration for additional place of business in karnataka? 

Posted 8 months, 1 week ago by zardosi 2015

Hello Pulkit,


This is a very nice article detailing VAT. I have queries regarding multiple branches, please suggest.

If VAT registration is done for an establishment as a proprietor and planning to start another one, what is the procedure to be followed? Can we start the new establishment as a branch under same VAT registration or should it be a new registration by the same proprietor? Somewhere I have read that one person cannot have multriple registrations. What will be advantages & disadvantages of each model?


If same VAT will continue what will be terms like naming the establishment, filing returns, proximity? Can one of them be full VAT & another in composite scheme based on procurement model they will operate? How to apply?


 Thanks a lot,


Posted 6 months, 2 weeks ago by Tarish Velivela

Hi Tarish,

Start a fresh discussion. Its getting too long. Will discuss it there.

Posted 6 months, 2 weeks ago by Rahul Rai

Hi there

i got VAT no from telangana , can i sell products in online with that VAT no from banglore (karnataka)?

Posted 4 months, 3 weeks ago by Thiru n

Please note that this thread has become very large. Request you all to start a fresh discussion for any doubts on VAT registrations.

Posted 4 months ago by CA Pulkit Sharma


I have a registered LLP and also a Company account with small deposit without any transaction after that. I wish to sell on Amazon and other Platforms and they all ask for VAT and CST. 

So can you help me in getting the same. I stay in Bangalore. My mail id is : shailendra.lte@gmail.com


Posted 3 months ago by Shailendra Prasad

The problem is My company registered address is different where I no more stay and operate in another commercial space.  But as I talked to one consultant they told that the office address and the Company where it was registered should be the same. 

Earlier message :


I have a registered LLP and also a Company account with small deposit without any transaction after that. I wish to sell on Amazon and other Platforms and they all ask for VAT and CST. 

So can you help me in getting the same. I stay in Bangalore. My mail id is : shailendra.lte@gmail.com

Posted 3 months ago by Shailendra Prasad

Your Reply:

You need to be logged in to reply.