I recently relocated to Bangalore (3 Months ago). As I wished to sell Apparels online through eCommerce Marketplaces, I am trying to acquire a TIN Number.

While discussing with a VAT consultant for a Propritorship TIN, I was informed that I need the following:

1. Savings Bank Account in Bangalore - preferably a State Bank. I am transferring my Delhi SBI Account to Bangalore.

2. Residential Proof. I have the rental agreement of my rented individual house. Will this work?

3. Photo ID proof of Karnataka. I am stumped here as my DL, Passport, Aadhar, Election card are all from outside Karnataka. Do I need to change addresses in any of these? This will take a long time.


Posted 2 years, 2 months ago by Mazhar Khan

Regarding documents, yes you need to have documents of Bangalore. If you have Gas connection, it will solve the issue.

However in case you do not have gas connection as per notification from Karnataka government you need to have a valid domicile certificate from you previous state ie Delhi.

If you do not have domicile certificate, you need to produce house tax receipt and electricity bill of you owned house in Delhi.

Posted 2 years, 2 months ago by CA Pulkit Sharma

Your Reply:

You need to be logged in to reply.