Hi Guys,

My wife , willing to do  jewellary/gimmik items, she is profesional handwork items.

My queries are , if i want to do online Businees, above mentioned items compulsory require for VAT/CST. If mandotory required, means, if i registered in Karnataka state, future if I am transfering into inter state (chennai), i need to do once again VAT/CST registration or not required. Please let me.

Any one can suggest your ideas or thought for her growth, please.




Posted 2 years, 2 months ago by murthykeyan Anbalagan

You need to register for vat if selling on flipkart and other portals. With VAT and CST registration in Karnataka, you can sell to buyers located in any state.

You do not have to take fresh registration in each state. But if you open a branch in any other state then you have to take registration in that state.

Posted 2 years, 2 months ago by Rahul Rai



As per Pulkit, VAT is state specific. If transferred, then mostly VAT registration to be done again in relocated state.

Please check with Pulkit.


Posted 2 years, 1 month ago by c shekar

Your Reply:

You need to be logged in to reply.