Hi, can anyone tell me what can be done if wrong ward/AO is selected in PAN application?

What if the applicant is not aware that the AO/ward selected by him is wrong. Will the PAN department inform before alloting the PAN. How can one be sure that AO selected by him/her is correct?

Posted 4 years, 1 month ago by CS Sneha Richard

If your applied PAN is showing in wrong ward, then you have to move to the Income Tax department and have migrate the PAN to correct ward or circle as the case may.

To know your correct jurisdiction you may contact help desk at Income Tax deptt with correct address of the PAN and Status of PAN applicant.

After obtaining correct jurisdiction you should do migrate the PAN to the correct jurisdiction after following up with your current existing ward.


Hope you will get answer.



CA Ashish Kumar Nagayach


NCT of Delhi



Posted 3 years, 10 months ago by CA Ashish Nagayach

Your Reply:

You need to be logged in to reply.