Hello Friends,

I have done registration for ST online and sent the document to department.

Is there any way to check the status of the application online or do I need to go to department to check?



Posted 10 months ago by manish dalmia

hell sir 

once you have submitted all documents physically to the department , can  check online and take print of st 2

and from the department you will also get intimation to the e mail id given in st 1


Posted 9 months, 4 weeks ago by Sowmya Kb

Within 7 working days you will get the certificate. Last month I applied for one of the client and even did not send the documents to department, however ST-2 was generated.

I think service tax department now days issues ST-2 just on applying!!!

Posted 9 months, 4 weeks ago by CA Pulkit Sharma

Note that got ST-2 in 3 days.

Posted 9 months, 4 weeks ago by CA Pulkit Sharma

s sir I agree with you, 

Posted 9 months, 4 weeks ago by Sowmya Kb

Thanks a lot for your reply. It has been more than 12 days and ST2 is not available to download. Hence ased the Q. 

Anyway, will wait for some more days.

Posted 9 months, 4 weeks ago by manish dalmia

Sir Can u just give a details of doc requried for Service tax 




Posted 9 months, 2 weeks ago by jayanth rj


(i) Copy of the PAN Card of the proprietor or the legal entity registered.
(ii) Photograph and proof of identity of the person filing the application namely PAN card, Passport, Voter Identity card, Aadhar Card,
Driving license, or any other Photo-identity card issued by the Central Government, State Government or Public Sector Undertaking.
(iii) Document to establish possession of the premises to be registered such as proof of ownership, lease or rent agreement, allotment
letter from Government, No Objection Certificate from the legal owner.
(iv) Details of the main Bank Account.
(v) Memorandum/Articles of Association/List of Directors.
(vi) Authorisation by the Board of Directors/Partners/Proprietor for the person filing the application.
(vii) Business transaction numbers obtained from other Government departments or Agencies such as Customs Registration No. (BIN
No), Importer Exporter Code (IEC), State Sales Tax Number (VAT), Central Sales Tax Number, Company Index Number (CIN) which have
been issued prior to the filing of the service tax registration application.

This is based on latest requirment of ST department.




Posted 9 months, 1 week ago by manish dalmia




Plz anyone help me with this




Posted 7 months, 3 weeks ago by RPgs Associates


You can go to below link and search with ward no.





Manish Dalmia

Posted 7 months, 3 weeks ago by manish dalmia


I understand that for an Event Management Company VAT /TIN not appilcable. Service Tax is applicable.

It is also understood that registration for service tax number is optional for turn over of less than 9 Lakhs per financial year.

Query is,  if service tax registraion is not done  since turn over is less than 9 lakhs, should ST + Cess be charged while billing to the customer. If so, how to repay that amount to the cocnerned authority.

Posted 3 months, 2 weeks ago by Edward Raithatha

Your Reply:

You need to be logged in to reply.