Hello - I got my TIN and CST in the third week of July. And since then I have not made any transactions.

Please advice, if I still need to file returns on both VAT and CST. If yes, then how do I do that?

Thank You

Rahul Shetty

Posted 5 months, 3 weeks ago by Arun Poojary

Regardless of turnover, Return has to be filed monthly/Quarterly as applicable.

Posted 5 months, 3 weeks ago by CA Pulkit Sharma

Hello Shetty,


Does't hv transactions means you hv to filed nil returns.For more details please reachs us 9739889226




Posted 5 months, 2 weeks ago by AMARNATH M

I've been filing NIL returns and my operations started last month. And the sales is lesser than INR 50,000. Should I continue with NIL returns or file these transactions this time?

And how do I get to know the VAT rates of different states, since I am selling through E-Commerce marketplaces and being shipped all over India - I mainly deal with Leather accesories.

Posted 1 month, 2 weeks ago by R Shetty

Hi R Shetty,

You need to file return and pay tax collected to government. You do not have to charge each states VAT rate, you need to charge what rate is applicable in state of your registration.

Posted 1 month, 2 weeks ago by CA Pulkit Sharma

Your Reply:

You need to be logged in to reply.