Dear Sir,

I am in process to initiate a new start up (e-commerce biz) in Bangalore.

My Questions :-

(1) I will initially start from my own home (Its a flat in apartment in yelahanka). In fact I have allocated a portion of business area at my home. Shall keep small stocks / paper works at home, once business grow up, will move to commercial location may be in 6 months. Can I get TIN / VAT registration in residence address. ?

(2) Initially my Biz will be less than 5 Lacs / Year. As per Law TIN VAT is not required, But my products will be mostly imported, & for this I need to apply for IEC at DGFT. So Do I need to obtain TIN VAT ?


(3) If my business increases just in 4-5 months for more than 5 Lacs, the in between Do I need to apply for TIN / VAT ? Or Shall I wait for completing the Financial year. ?


Please clarify.

Best Regards & Thanks You.

Posted 11 months, 2 weeks ago by Aditi Bhaskar

Hello Bhaskar,


Happy morning


1) IF Products selling / buying u should have commercial space for TIN Registration.For residential address they won't allot the TIN No ..


2) IF u have turnover less than 5 lacs no need TIN No registration.But all imports or e commerce business u shold hace TIN Number ..its mandiatery


3)IF u want to start up business immediately ..then go for registration or else wait for financial year financial year directly go for GST ..No need to apply TIN/Service tax / Excise Duty /Customs etc.


For any assistance or advise please drop a mail to





|Auditors | Advisors | Tax Practitioners | Business Setups | Accounting |



Posted 11 months, 2 weeks ago by AMARNATH M

Your Reply:

You need to be logged in to reply.