I live in a house owned by a PIO - US citizen. 

The individual has asked me to deduct TDS on the rental income and deposit it online and provide him challan copies and returns.

I went online and made the first payment of TDS for rent under section 94-I 

However as per him i needed to make TDS payment under section 195

Now i have challan of 94-I how do i get it changed to 195 - the payment was made through ICICI bank around 8 days ago.

Thank you in advance



Posted 4 years, 2 months ago by Ajay Gandhi

Dear Ajay,


Once you make the payment for a specific section you can't modify the challan, but no worries while filing the quarterly TDS return you can add this challan to deduction u/s 195 and file the return, once you generate the TDS certificate or in your owners 26AS it would reflect 195.




Prime Peers Professional Advisors

Contact @ srkr@primepeers.com/ +919742272797

Posted 4 years, 2 months ago by Karthik S R

Your Reply:

You need to be logged in to reply.