I just got VAT certificate issued for my wife in Bangalore.

My wife's PAN has her pre-marriage name and her VAT certificate (sole proprietor) has been issued in the same name.

Now if I update the PAN to change her surname after marriage, should I change the name in VAT certificate also? If yes can you please let me know what is the procedure?

Is there any harm if I don't bother to change it?


Thanks in advance



Posted 4 years ago by Pavan C

I don't see any issue here. However if you want to change the name in PAN, then I will suggest you to change name in PAN certificate also. Sometime for giving papers to Banks or other third parties they may doubt the name if its not as per PAN.

Posted 4 years ago by Rahul Rai

Dear sir,

How to change company name in same TIN and CST number we get iec code in the company name if their any problem in future? Please give guidance to change of company with out any problems regards. 

Posted 4 years ago by Neeraj bhagat

Your Reply:

You need to be logged in to reply.