I understand that it is compulsory to provide PAN of landlord to claim HRA exemption for salary income.

To save tax people misuse HRA provisions. I understand all these topics.

But what if landlord denies to provide his PAN number to tenant who need it for claiming HRA exemption under Income Tax Act.

What should be done if PAN is not provided by landlord?

Its a real case, one my friend who pays rent and this year his basic limit exceeded and now he need to provide PAN to college but land lord is not giving PAN thinking his rental income may come under IT radar.

Posted 4 years ago by Prakash mehta

There is no such provision in IT Act where you can claim HRA exemption without PAN card of Landlord.

Sorry about that you cannot claim exemption, better you change landlord.



CA Bhuwan Sharma

Posted 3 years, 12 months ago by NRO0263978 BHUWAN CHAND SHARMA

Your Reply:

You need to be logged in to reply.