The Institute of chartered accountants has released FAQ on verification of marks, Online applications for verification of answer books. The FAQ are as under:
FAQs Verification of marks
1. What is meant by verification of marks?
The process of verification of marks covers the following: Checking:
- Whether the answer book(s) compilation is complete
- Whether any question or part thereof has remained unvalued
- Whether there is any totaling error in any question or total marks on the cover page
- Whether there is any discrepancy between the marks for each question and or/part thereof and marks for each question indicated on the cover page of the answer book
- Whether the handwriting of the candidate in all the answer books is the same.
However, revaluation of the answer book is not permitted under the Chartered Accountants Regulations, 1988.
2. What are the regulatory provisions regarding verification of marks?
The regulatory provisions regarding verification of answer books are contained in Regulation 39(4) of the Chartered Accountants Regulations 1988, which are hosted on the Institute’s website www.icai.org.
Further, you may also refer to the announcement in this regard in the Students/Examination/FAQ section of the Institute’s website www.icai.org or the Guidance Notes supplied along with the examinationapplication forms.
3. What is the procedure for verification of marks?
A candidate can apply for verification, either physically in his own handwriting, or on-line from http://icaiexam.icai.org within a month from the date of declaration of results, giving specific details of the following along with the requisite fees:
- Student Name
- Student Registration No
- Exam-Intermediate (IPC)/Final/CPT
- Month and year of the exam
- Roll No
- Paper(s)/subjects to be verified
- Address for communication
If the candidate makes a physical application, it must be in the handwriting of the candidate. If thecandidate had opted for Hindi medium in the examination, his/her application should be in Hindi.
Typewritten applications will not be entertained.
There is no standard format as such for such application. However, the application should be duly signed by the candidate.
4. Where should the physical application be sent:
The physical application for verification along with the fees should be sent so as to reach us within a period of one month from the date of the declaration of results, at the following address, by Speed Post or Registered Post:
The Additional Secretary (Exams)
The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India ICAI Bhawan
New Delhi 110 002
Do not send your application by courier/ordinary post. Please superscribe the envelope with the name of the exam, i.e Final or Intermediate (IPC) as the case may be.
5. What is the fees for verification of marks?
- For Final, Intermediate (IPC)/ATE/Units-Rs 100/- per paper subject to a maximum of Rs 400/- for all the papers of a group/both groups/Unit.
- For CPT: Rs 200/-.
- For Post qualification courses ISA, DIRM, ITL&WTO, MAC/TMC/CMC: Rs 500/-
6. What is the mode of payment of the verification fees?
In case you are submitting a hand written application form for verification, it has to be accompanied by a demand towards the verification fees. The demand draft should be drawn in favour of “The Secretary, The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India” payable at New Delhi and sent along with the application forverification.
In case you are submitting an online application for verification, you can pay the verification fee online by using either debit/credit card, through the payment gateway.
7. Can I submit my application for verification of answer books, on-line?
Yes. The facility for submission of verification applications on-line, is available for candidates of CA Final and Intermediate (IPC) examinations. You can submit your applications from http://icaiexam.icai.org and also pay the verification fee on-line. Detailed steps in this regard are given in the above mentioned web site.
You will have to upload the scanned copy of your handwritten request.
However, there is no need to send the print-out of the on-line verification application by post.
Both options, i.e., manual as well as on-line, are open to you. You can choose to send your applicationmanually along with the Demand Draft for the applicable fees, by registered post or speed post or submit your application on-line.
8. Is there any difference in the verification fees between on-line submission and physical submission of verification application?
No. The verification fees, whichever mode you use, is the same.
9. I have already applied for inspection/certified copies of my evaluated answer books. Can the same application be treated as an application for verification also? Can I apply for verificationafter I inspect/get copies of my evaluated answer books? Can I apply for, both, verification as well as inspection/copies of my evaluated answer books?
Before providing certified copies/inspection of evaluated answer books to the examinees, verification of answer books, within the scope of Regulation 3 9(4), is also carried out, by the office, suo motu, in respect of all applications for inspection and/or certified copy of evaluated answer book(s).
In case you notice discrepancy, within the scope of verification as envisaged in Regulation 39(4), upon receipt of certified copies/inspection of evaluated answer books, you can bring it to the notice of the office, within one month from the date of dispatch of certified copies/inspection of evaluated answer books.
Hence, you need not make a separate application for verification of answer books, if you have applied/intending to apply for inspection/certified copies of answer books.
10. How long does it take to get verification result?
The verification process is meticulously drawn up exercise and it therefore takes time which may run to about 6-8 weeks. Though it will be our endeavour to inform the outcome of verification in respect of an exam at the earliest, yet the same cannot be assured, due to time consuming processes involved. However, all such candidates who do not receive the response latest upto 15 days before commencement of the next exam, may send an email to the exam dept. at the contact details as given below.
11. What are the possible outcomes, that may arise out of verification of marks:
The verification exercise may result in
- No change of marks
- Increase of marks, impacting result or exemption in one or more paper(s)
- Increase of marks, which does not have an impact on result or exemption in one or more paper(s)
- Decrease of marks
Candidates can check the outcome of their application for verification ( whether submitted physically or on-line) from http://icaiexam.icai.org. A written communication is also sent to the candidate concerned, at the address mentioned by him/her in his/her application. In case of revision of marks, a revised mark statement/result ( as the case may be) is also sent to the candidate.
12. Can a candidate get a refund of verification fees in case of change in marks pursuant to theverification?
Yes. In case of change in marks, the verification fee is refunded to the candidate automatically. There is no need to make a separate claim for refund. In case, he/she had also applied for the next exam, pending the outcome of the verification and the outcome of verification, results in his passing the earlier exam, the examination fees paid by him/her for the next exam is also refunded.
13. I applied for certified copies of my answer books and got them. However, pursuant to suo motu verification carried out by the office, upon my application for certified copies, marks awarded to me got revised. Will I get refund of the fee paid by me for getting certified copies?
No. Fees paid for obtaining certified copies is not refundable, under any circumstances.
14. I have not received any communication from the Institute regarding my application for verification of marks of the previous exam, so far. However, the last date for submission of application form for the next exam, is fast approaching. Should I apply for the next exam or not?
You may submit your examination form for the forthcoming examination, pending receipt of the outcome of verification of answer books of the earlier exam. However, no extension of time for submitting of examination application form will be allowed under any circumstances.
15. How do I come to know the outcome of my verification application?
The outcome of the verification of all those who had applied (whether through on-line mode or physical mode) will be hosted on the website http://icaiexam.icai.org and a written communication will also sent to the concerned candidates individually.
You can check the said website from time to time regarding the outcome. You can also send an email at the following email IDs, as per the exam:
intermediate email@example.com final firstname.lastname@example.org
Help Desk Telephone numbers: 0120 3054 835, 851, 852, 853
FAQs on submission of on-line applications for verification of answer books
16. Can I make multiple applications for verification of my marks, online?
No. Only one verification application per roll number is accepted online. Hence, please make up your mind on the papers you would like apply for, before applying online.
17. Why should I use the portal?
Submission of verification application and making payment of verification fees on¬line is more convenient. You also save on the time and money spent on purchasing a draft.
18. What are the steps involved in making an on-line application?
- Log on to http://icaiexam.icai.org
- Click on the menu “Apply online for verification, Inspection and/Or Certified copies ” .
- Select the examination, papers of which you want to verify
- Enter your roll number and PIN ( Personal Identification Number ) for the relevant exam. ( as contained in the exam form you had submitted)
- A data entry screen will appear. Fields relating to your name, registration number and medium of the examination would be populated from the data base. You will have to enter the following data in the respective fields:
-Address for communication
-Land line number
-Select the papers you want to be verified.
- Please note that you can only select the papers in which you had appeared. In case of any wrong selection, the system will give an error message “Invalid selection”.
- Upload scanned copy of your handwritten application ( duly signed) containing all the relevant details. If you had opted for Hindi medium in the examination, then the application must be in Hindi and if you appeared in the Exam in English then the application must be in English.
- In case of any discrepancy between the papers to be verified as mentioned in the scanned image and those ticked in the portal, the latter shall prevail.
- Once you select “SUBMIT” on the said screen, a confirmation page with the details, name, registration number, roll no., address, mobile no. landline number, email address and papers to be verified etc will appear. Please check all the details entered by you including the scanned image uploaded. You have to confirm the data you have filled in, by clicking on the “CONFIRM” button. In case any of the details you have filled in is incorrect, you can go back and make the necessary corrections wherever required, come back and confirm.
- Once you confirm the data, you will be directed to the payment page where you can make the payment either through your credit/debit card, master/visa/maestro. Payment by net banking is not permitted.
- Once payment is successful, a payment confirmation page will appear on the screen giving details of Roll No., Paper/s applied for verification, Amount Paid, Transaction response, control no etc with a remark “TRANSACTION SUCCESSFUL”, against the transaction response.
- Take a print out of the payment confirmation page, which serves the purpose of acknowledgement from the Institute and keep it safely for your reference. That will be the acknowledgement. Remember to quote the transaction number appearing on the payment confirmation page in all future correspondence on the subject with the Institute.
- If the transaction is not successful, you can retry.
19. The amount of verification fees got deducted from my account but I do not get a “Successful” transaction screen. What do I do now?
If the screen shows the status of your transaction as “Not successful”, then that means your verification application is not received by us, even though the fee might have been deducted from your bank account. In such cases, office will not be able to process your application, since the application is not there with the office. The fee relating to the failed transaction will be credited back to your account as per the procedure, prescribed in answer to Question number 11.
20. Is it necessary that I should upload scanned copy of my handwritten verification application on the portal? What happens if I do not upload the same?
Yes. It is mandatory to upload scanned copy of your handwritten verification application (duly signed by you) on the portal. In case you are unable to do so or you are not able to log onto the portal, you can send your hand written verification application along with the Demand Draft for the applicable fees by speed post/registered post to the following address:
The Additional Secretary(Exams)
The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India ICAI Bhawan
New Delhi 110 002
Please note that if the uploaded scanned image is not your handwritten application, but of some other document/someone else, then also your application will not be processed by the office. Such an application, even if it is a “SUCCESSFUL TRANSACTION”, will not be treated as a valid application and will not be processed.
21. Can I start filling in the application for verification on-line and complete the same later?
Yes, you can do so, until you make successful payment, after which stage you cannot make changes.
22. While making an online verification application, the verification fees got deducted twice from my bank account. How do I get a refund of the excess amount paid by me? What is the procedure for claiming the excess fee payment arising on account of multiple payments/lost/failed transactions etc?
Multiple payments, if any, by a single student, will be identified by the system and are refunded for the credit of the respective accounts from where they originated, by the office, within 45 days of the last date for submission of application.
In case you have made payment of verification fees more than once and do not get a refund within 45 days from the last date for submission of application, you can claim a refund of the excess amount paid by you, by writing to us within 60 days from the last date for submission of application, along with documentary evidence, such as bank/credit card statement, of having paid the verification fees more than once. ICAI will verify the same and refund the excess amount, if any, paid by you.
23.I have filled the on-line verification application and paid the verification fees on line. Do I still have to take a print out and send it to ICAI and if yes, where should I send it?
No. Once you have received confirmation on the screen that your transaction is successful, you need not send anything further by post.
Posted 4 years ago by Mukesh Solanki
No response yet, be first to reply.Your Reply:
You need to be logged in to reply.