Dear Friends,

One of my clients is facing the following practical issues. Kindly advice.

1. The client has not filed VAT 100 from Mar -2013 till date i.e. till Dec 2013

2. However, it has deposited excess net tax inadvertently (and not input tax) in FY 2012-2013  and also paid some amount in 2013-14 for some tax periods. Since, they have paid amounts in excess in PY , they are adjusting the same against the dues in this FY 2013-14. They are not willing to deposit any amounts or pay interest or penalty for the reason that they have already have excess b/f tax.

1. Kindly advice whether the client is right in what it is doing.

2. Should the client file the returns for FY-2012-13 completely and apply for refund ?

 or Can it adjust the same in this FY 2013-14??

3. Since the returns are not filed from Mar-2013 till Dec-13 , can it be filed now ? What are the interest and penalty requirements? Should i intimate/write to LVO for any permission in this regard?

4. What are the steps client needs to follow?

Posted 3 years, 7 months ago by HS VEDANTA DESHIKA

First, please file the returns before the department block the login and drop your client in to negative list.  Just cannot escape without filing the return.  Get your refunds carried forward through filing the returns up to date.

Posted 3 years, 7 months ago by Harish kumar

Thanks u once agin Sir for your reply :)

Posted 3 years, 7 months ago by HS VEDANTA DESHIKA

Your Reply:

You need to be logged in to reply.