Recently in Bangalore the visits of VAT officers have increased for document inspections. The rumors are that these officers are rading the places to collect the funds to be utilised for election compaigns.
One need to take care of these before paying any money to these officers:
- Verify their identity proof (Fake officers are everywhere)
- Never pay the money on the spot, ask them their office timing and meet them in their office
- Write down the requirements of officer in a paper, if possible solve them on the spot
- Don't lose the debate with the officer, once you are on losing side the demands will increase
- Contact your tax consultants immediatly
This post is not encourage corruption but in India rules are so complicated and government favouring that you dont have any option to go legal.
Posted 3 years, 4 months ago by Rahul Rai
Yes this post does motivate the bribe paying tradition. Why at the first place officer should be paid.
If the documents are proper, officer will shut and go. But i agree rules in India are so complex that even a chartered accountant will find it difficult to follow.
Posted 3 years, 4 months ago by Bada Mouth
You need to be logged in to reply.