Structure of PAN Number
- IT PAN Card is issued Under Section 139A of Income Tax Act.
- PAN structure is as follows: AOFBP6688A: First five characters are letters, next 4 numerals, last character letter.
- The first three letters are sequence of alphabets from AAA to ZZZ
- The fourth character informs about the type of holder of the Card:
* C- Company
* P- Person
* H- HUF (Hindu Undivided Family)
* F- Firm
* A- Association of Persons (AOP)
* T- AOP (Trust)
* B- Body of Individuals (BOI)
* L- Local Authority
* J- Artificial Judicia
- The fifth character of the PAN is the first character:
* of the surname / last name of the person, in the case of a “Personal” PAN card, where the fourth character is “P” or
* of the name of the Entity/ Trust/ Society/ Organization in the case of Company/ HUF/ Firm/ AOP/ BOI/ Local Authority/ Artificial Juridical Person/ Govt., where the fourth character is “C”,”H”,”F”,”A”,”T”,”B”,”L”,”J”,”G”.
- The last character is an alphabetic check digit.
Posted 2 years, 10 months ago by Prem Chand Jangir
No response yet, be first to reply.Your Reply:
You need to be logged in to reply.