How do we define one? Its hard to define the term Entrepeuner, entrepreneur can be differentiated from crowd based on the work one does.
Entrepreneurs are leaders, they listen to their inner voice, they dare to do things which are not easy to achieve, they challenge the world and themselve.
They dont mind winning or loosing, what they do is try, try and try to achieve the goal.
How I became Entrepreneur and passed the first Phase - KickStart?
It was not easy to start practice soon after qualifying. No clients, no contacts, no capital but i had to try. I had to prove my worth, i had to bring the changes in professon i belong to.
I remember the day was January 21, 2013 when i saw the results. Along with me 2 other friends cleared the exams, we working in EY BPO.
Left EY after one month of results and started the firm Pulkit Sharma & Associates - Chartered Accountants in Bangalore. It was not a sudden move, i prepared for it from the day i joined CA.
Bought 2 tables, a computer and printer. I was done, but the most capital intensive expense was security deposit for office. Managed it, was out of money. Had money only to survive 2 months rent.
The real game began now. Challenges were to find clients, earn goodwill, keep gaining knowledge and keep earning.
It was the real test, i had to clear. There was no looking back but to accept the challenge and win it.
The first clients were the local retail store owners from the areas near office. As a chartered accountant one can not do the direct marketing.
Marketing was a challenge, Chartered Accountant are considered good if they have silver hair. I have black, it will take another 25 years to have silver hair.
Then came the idea, ICAI does not stop from writing the articles or sharing the knowledge in Publications, magazines or TV.
Again to come on TV or magazines, you have to be famous and own a goodwill. As entrepreners do, i founded a platform. Its Tikshare, later the platform was opened to everyone.
Now had the platform to create goodwill, i deal in services which require lot of practical and theoritical knowledge. Tikshare was perfect for it. I started writing on tikshare, answering question of others and sharing information.
The site with goog quality of discussion started ranking in top position on Google. The visitors increased and started getting clients.
Many posts i wrote appears on the first page at first place. These posts were really practical oriented.
I got the clients who were entrepreuners and i quoted very less fees (unbelievably less) to them.
I passed the first phase, the most difficult one.
Will update the second phase, once its over.
Posted 2 years, 9 months ago by CA Pulkit Sharma
Real entrepreuner rise from the ground and conquer the sky. Entrepreuners have to live like a beggar (resemble) to rule like a king later.
Inspiring phase one, it will inspire others. Thanks for sharing.
Posted 2 years, 9 months ago by Rahul Rai
Raise and Shine (Y)
Posted 2 years, 9 months ago by Babulal Shiradana
It was nice reading your short essay on how you have made tremendous progress in a short span of time in practice. As a wanna-be enterpreneur , I would like to ask you few questions
1. What made you or what ignited a spark in you to take practice as your choice?
2. What were the some of the failures you had faced and what have you learnt from them?
3. How long will you normally stick to a new idea before giving up ? Do you try and experiment all your new ideas?
4. How is your family life affected you being an enterpreneur?
5. What are your ideals in your profession ? How do you define Success ?
6. What do you feel is the major difference between entrepreneurs and those who work for someone else?
7. What do you do in non-work time ? Any hobbies ?
Posted 2 years, 9 months ago by Rakesh Bharadwaj
1. The spark was to prove my talent, achieve something big which was not possible doing a job - Creating a business which will survive even after me.
2. Failures: You call 100 people, 50 will responde and 1 will become your client. I learnt that you can only try and improve yourselve, you cant change the world. You can change the thinking of people by your work and service.
3. As per me Ideas are of 2 types, one which have long term impact and another short or very short impact. With long one stick for long time and for short one stick for short time.
4. Family life is affected!!! In my case not much, i started too early and parents thought let him try for a year. If i fail, i would easily get a job. But, yes can not go to movies, go with friends... dont have time for all these.
5. My ideal in profession is no one. Well you cant have in this profession. You dont find a success story here. But my ideals as entrepreuner are Steve Jobs, Rajiv Bhatiya, Phaninder Shama, Rashmi Sinha and many others. Most of the names are mentioned are related to technical field, but that because even i am trying to make something big in this field.
6. The main difference is Entrepreuners have high risk and high returns.
7. In home play chess, watch TV, Play video games, browsing, sometime jogging and from last 5 years trying to join gym.
Posted 2 years, 9 months ago by CA Pulkit Sharma
Looks like Pulkit is overwhelmed of already become an enterpreneur. Good Luck ,THE ENTERPRENEUR in the making. I also wish you to become a Good human being in this process.
Posted 2 years, 9 months ago by Vedanta Deshika
You need to be logged in to reply.