Railway Minister Sadananda Gowda presented budget in parliament. Here are some of the important announcements in railways budget and impact of budget on stock markets.
- Special Pilgrim center are identified and will be provided with better railway connectivity.
- Railway short of revenue generation. Not as expected.
- Fares are not hiked in budget. However railway minsiter has indicated increase in revenue in 2014-15.
- Online booking facility of Railway Retiring Room will be extended to all the stations during the course of the year.
- 5 Jansadharan, 5 Premium, 6 AC, 27 express trains announced in Rail Budget.
- Rebate for round journey is automated.
- Parking and picking facilities will be included in tickets if users want to include.
- Stations to have CCTV and other third party vigilance to assure clean platforms.
- Platform ticket can be bought online once arrangements are made.
- Delhi-Agra, Delhi-Chandigarh, Delhi-Kanpur, Nagpur-Bilaspur, Mysore-Bengaluru-Chennai, Mumbai-Goa, Mumbai-Ahmedabad, Chennai-Hyderabad and Nagpur-Secunderabad are the routes where speed of train will be increased upto 200 KM.
- Cleanliness and good food is the priority of railways.
- Rs. 2200 crores will be contributed to railway safety fund.
- Mumbai-Ahemedabad route to get bullet train.
- Rs. 5116 crore is allocated for development of railways in North-East.
Looks like stock markets did not like railway budget. Both Nifty and Sensex are down around 110 and 390 points.
Here is the trend of companies operating in industry which is most effected by railway budget.
- Titagarh Wagons Ltd is down by about 5%. Trading is suspended in stock as stock is in lower circuit.
- Texmaco Rail & Engineering Ltd is down by about 20%.
- Kalindee Rail Nirman (Engineers) Ltd is down by about 5%.
- All other railway stocks are locked in lower circuits.
This indicate that stock market did not like the Railway budget 2014.
Posted 2 years, 7 months ago by Stock Guru
A very bad budget if we arrive at decision by looking at stock markets. All railway companies are down.
Posted 2 years, 7 months ago by CA Pulkit Sharma
We can not judge whether budget is good or bad based on stock markets. Stock Markets always reacts opposit to news.
As per me the budget is a good one. No hike in fares (it was done earlier), high speed trains are announced.
Government is concentrating on moderisation of trains and routes.
Posted 2 years, 7 months ago by Ram Sinha
You need to be logged in to reply.