Why rediff.com is top Indian website? Rediff attracts highest web visitors? - Computers And Technology - Internet - TIK Share

Why rediff.com is top Indian website? Rediff attracts highest web visitors?

Rahul Rai

Rediff.com is the number one website of India. Rediff records the highest number of visitors. Rediff is neither a full news portal nor a blog. Rediff cannot be described as a forum or social network.

Rediff is basically a portal where news from other websites are copied and published. Here are the main categories in Rediff- News, Movies, Cricket, Shopping, Stock Markets.

Other than these categories Rediff also have other pages such as Q&A, Social networking pages. But main traffic source is movies and cricket, also news section.

What makes Rediff as the top most visited website of India.

Prakash mehta

Rediff was first successful website in India. In fact Rediff was the first website of India. Rediff has the advantage of being first. Though Rediff copies content from other news website and movies section looks like an adult page, but Rediff provides everything that users want.

For finance people, it has Stock Market section. For teen population it has Movies section. For sport lovers Rediff has cricket section.

Another reason for Rediff to have such huge web traffic is that Rediff provides Mail services. I remember when I was doing my basic computer course, institute used to teach us E-mail creation by using Rediff.

Rediff was first and have created a brand name. Generation of 90’s (Funny generation, we went for computer courses to learn E-mails!!!), was first introduced to Rediff. Rediff have made a spot in minds of whole generation who started using computer in 90’s.

Bada Mouth

One service that you forgot to mention is E-mail Services. With Rediff.com provides mailbox services also. Mail services give the Rediff consistent visitors. Every day we have to check our mails. But I feel Rediff is going to lose the competition with G-mail (it already lost), mail service by Rediff is not good.  They attach advertisement with every mail sent. Who would like to send a mail with an advertisement?