ITR REVISION - Professionals - Taxation - TIK Share
1 Likes 388 Views

ITR REVISION

Kamaldeep Singh

2014-08-03

Hi,

Just a small query since I have not revised any ITR till now during my work.

One of my frnd has filed his return online through a third party portal and by mistake forgot to show his interest on fdr. She needs to revise the return. The return has been filed within the due date for AY 14-15 through a third party website and the original return's ITRV has not been sent yet to the department at Bangalore. I just need to confirm that whether first she needs to send the ITRV to Bangalore and then revise the return and send it's ITRV (Revised) or is it possible that she could revise the return and then send both ITRVs i.e. original and revised together?

Thanks.

CA Pulkit Sharma

2014-08-03

Hi, You can revise your return even before sending the ITRv TO DEPARTMENT. But you send both returns to department.

If you send revised return only, then original will be withdrawn after 120 days and even revised returns will get automatically rejected.

If you send only original and wait for processing, it will take lot of time. So, its suggested that you revise the return now itself and send both ITRV to CPC, Bangalore.

Kamaldeep Singh

2014-08-04

Thanks bro!!!

Mukesh Jain CA

2014-08-07

You can revise your return & send both the ITR V of original & revised return.