Return of NRI - Professionals - Taxation - TIK Share
2 Likes 3271 Views

Return of NRI

SANJAY KUMAR GANNA

2014-08-07

HI,

I am trying to file Income Tax Return of NRI, whose Father will sign as Representative Assessee in his Return.

The issue is while Uploading ITR i am getting an error saying THis PAN does not exist in DGIT Database.

I want to know the procedure to file such Return OR is there any way to file his ITR.

Rahul Rai

2014-08-07

I believe you have given the PAN of father as representative assessee and IT database is rejecting that. Just check the PAN details in IT website, if PAN details are shown there you can file the return.

Cross check the PAN and go ahead, i dont think there will be any problem.

Or open the income tax site and login with assessee id. Add representative assessee and then file the return. I have not checked if such option is there.

Mukesh Jain CA

2014-08-07

I think you should update the contact details in IT database along with pan of his father then you will not get this error.

SANJAY KUMAR GANNA

2014-08-09

While Updating the Contact detail only i am getting such error that your PAN does not exist in DGIT database. and Contact details not getting updated. Suggest at the earliest

Rahul Rai

2014-08-11

If PAN does not exist in Database, then either the PAN is not valid or is withdrawn by IT department. Contact customer care at it department and ask them the reason for showing invalid detail.

Also do check the PAN details at IT website by clicking on the link Know your Jurisdictional A.O.

Mukesh Arora

2015-04-15

Dear Friends

When you are trying to register an NRI as representative then you will get such an error because once you select NRI system checks the IP address and if it is found of India you gt the message 'This PAN does not exist in DGIT Database'.

For registering this ask the concerned NRI to register himself with your guidence.

CA Mukesh Arora

Sreenath H B

2016-07-31

I was using an India based VPN to get my Form 26AS which only works properly if I am using an India IP address. But then this post helped me figure out why I am getting this error. After I disconnected the VPN, the error went away for me.