How to import excel data into tally - Professionals - Accounting - TIK Share

How to import excel data into tally

Vedanta Deshika

2014-08-16

Hi Friends,

Just Imagine , you are maintaining accounting records in excel in a haphazard manner and all of a sudden one day you realise you were supposed to maintain books of accounts as per income tax act. How will you create books and records ?? Dont worry , i have a solution. 

I recommend UDI-magic , a software to export excel entries into tally. It is so quick , it can process bulk entries in a flash. I am using Demo version( it can only process 5 entries at a time) and i finalised a companies' accounts in just 3 days , yes it was just so quick. Just give it a try and give me your opinion. There are lots of excel templates both for voucher entry and master creation. 

Disclaimer :-  I am not an agent of UDI-magic or any other tally partners

CA Pulkit Sharma

2014-08-16

Thank you for advicing a great import tool. Can you explain the procedure to use the tool. I am not yet very comfortable in using it.

Vedanta Deshika

2014-08-16

Hi Pulkit, 

I advise you to visit this link and download the demo version ( you may use it for 30 days). The Excel templates can be found here.  Download some templates as per your wish, fill necessary particulars and save. Import the vouchers using the interface in the software.

Rahul Rai

2014-12-17

This tool is not enough to upload as it requires double entry in Excel and then upload. I would advice to search tally addon on tally itself and install.

Anyhow tally is most useless software one can ever buy.