How to maintain company accounts in excel? - Professionals - Accounting - TIK Share

How to maintain company accounts in excel?

Rahul Rai

2014-12-10

One of my client is a small company and don't want to invest in any accounting software. Even i want a solution to maintain the accounts out of software to save cost.

What are the available options to maintain accounts other than accounting software?

Can we maintain the accounts in excel and is it reliable?

CA Pulkit Sharma

2014-12-10

As per me the various options available are:

1. Keep his invoices etc. at your office, you can use tally to account. or
  2. You can use excel to account his transactions, however you need to have control over excel.

You can also use the file i create using excel to maintain, record your accounts using excel.

Download Maintain-Record-Account transaction-full accounting in MS Excel file for small businesses

Rahul Rai

2014-12-12

Thank you for the suggestions. I have been using the file you created using excel. It is one the greatest Excel based accounting tool i found on internet. Its amazing!!!!

Will try to use this file to generate invoices and also maintain the accounts. Will ask you for any help required!!!

CA Pulkit Sharma

2014-12-12

Sure, i will be happy to help you anytime.

CA Pulkit Sharma

2014-12-13

I have made on video and uploaded on YouTube. You watch the video at this link, Watch Accounting in Excel Video.