Will Indian net users start contributing than collecting inf - Computers And Technology - Internet - TIK Share

Will Indian net users start contributing than collecting inf

Prakash mehta

2013-10-09

I was going through a study which says that India related informations are very less on net. I mean even if see wikipedia or any other site, you will find that contribution to india related info is less by Indians.

I think Indians see internet as a tool to gether information rather than sharing information. Late introduction of internet in India could be one of the reason. It seems whole india is bussy in FB.

Should not Indians should be encouraged to express their views on internet. I think the biggest milestone for Internet in India was launch of rediff. Rediff was the first indian site to get registered.

Lot of Indians are present on internet but does not seem to share a lot and are spending time on social networks or social site only.

India had only 3 source of entertainment Politics, Bollywood and cricket and even on internet much of the discussion is on these topics only.

Hope Indians also like other people start sharing the information on net.

CA Pulkit Sharma

2013-10-09

Its really a big issue for Indians. It seems Indians prefer oral communication rather than written. But another reason that can be given is unavailability of regional languages option in internet. India is a big country with lot of languages. And english rules the internet. Keyboard has a,b,c,d... not hindi alphabates and that could be another reason.