CPE Credits for chartered accountants rules
What will be the consequence of not fullfillilng the CPE requirements of 20Hours Structured Learning in a year.
As per my knowledge they will remove CA name from empanelment for govt/bank audit.
Kindly let me know for any other consequences.
Hi sandeep CPE is not applicable for the members in first year of getting their membership. As per guidlines issued by icai the consequences will be as below the data is taken from cpe website of icai.
Link of this data is here.
And link to this file is here.
For kind information of the members
Sub : Penal provisions for the members of the Institute who had not complied with their CPE Hours requirements for the block period of 3 years (1-1-2011 to 31-12-2013)
In order to function the system of mandatory CPE effective, the Council of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India has decided that the members who fail to comply with their CPE Hours requirement for the current block of 3 years (1-1-2011 to 31-12-2013) are appropriately sanctioned. Therefore, the Council of the Institute has decided as under :
- All the members are required to complete their CPE hours requirements for the block period of 3 years (1-1-2011 to 31-12-2013) by 31st December, 2013.
- Any shortfall in the CPE credit for the calendar years 2011, 2012 and 2013 should be met by the members by 31st December, 2013.
- The names of the members who fail to comply with their CPE hours Requirements for the block period of 3 years by 31st December, 2013 would be hosted on the website of the ICAI for information of public at large.
- Further, the ICAI will not be responsible in any way for any action taken by any of the regulatory authorities on the basis of the names hosted on the website for allotting the professional work to them as sole proprietor or to their partnership firm.
- To strike out the name/s from the list so hosted on the website, the member/s shall have to make up any shortfall in their CPE credit hours for the above block period of 3 years by obtaining twice of the amount of the shortfall. Such addition shall be in addition to the regular CPE hours requirement for the particular Calendar year in which they are making up the shortfall.
The members are requested to note the above. The members are also requested to comply with the CPE Hours requirements for the current year by 31st December, 2013.
(Secretary, CPE Committee of ICAI)