Domain registration companies book the searched domains? - Computers And Technology - Internet - TIK Share

Domain registration companies book the searched domains?

CA Pulkit Sharma

2014-12-28

Hi,

I have a specific doubt related to domain registration and how it works.

Does domain registration companies register the domain which users search on their site? For example if i want a domain and search on godaddy. Will godaddy book that domian and later sell it to me to make more money?

SEO Guru

2014-12-28

I dont think that domain registration companies do that. Because in short run it may give them benefit but long run it will damage their image and also there is no gurantee that users will buy that domain.

For example, suppose you want to buy a domain name but its already registered. I don't think you buy that unless you are a big company.

Even practically its not possible, how many domains they can buy. Daily lakhs of new domains are registered and search on these site, they cannot register each every domain name.

Financialy and economically its not benefecial, so i don't think domain registration companies do that.

SANJAY KUMAR GANNA

2014-12-29

DOMAIN REGISTRATION ETC. ARE INDIVIDUAL ACTS, AND I DO NOT AGREE THAT THEY MAKE MONEY OUT OF IT.

BUT YES SOME FACTS ARE THERE THEY REGISTER SOME COMMON DOMAIN NAME WHICH MOST PEOPLE MAY THINK OF AND THEN THEY SELL IT FOR HIGH PRICES. 

I WAS SIMPLY DOING SEARCH AND I FOUND THAT EVEN AMITABHBACHAN.COM IS THERE. WHICH IS FOR SALE.

i am pasting link here http://www.amitabhbachan.com/ you can check it.

CA Pulkit Sharma

2014-12-29

Many individual make money from trading in domain names. For example, you gave amitabh bachan his domain is for sale at Rs. 1.31 Lakhs. But for sure his purchase price will not be more than 500 Rs.

This how domain trading business works. Investing 5000 Rs. can get you lakhs of Rs. profit.

Housing.in purchased Housing.com domain by paying crores of Rupees.

My doubt was whether domain registration companies make money by registering domains themself.

Thank you for the replies.