UNWANTED LEDGERS TO DELETE IN TALLY - Software Applications - Tally - TIK Share

UNWANTED LEDGERS TO DELETE IN TALLY

Ca SKG

2014-12-29

Can Anyone Let me know how to delete Unwanted Ledgers in Tally ERP.

I a Tally company Data Ledgers have been created year by year and now Total Ledgers are 22,500.

But the usable Ledgers are only Somewhere around 2,500 only. 

We want to delete unwanted ledgers. Can anyone tell easy way to delete such ledgers

Rahul Rai

2014-12-29

Even i am waiting for solution. I dont think its possible to delete ledgers from Tally.

SANJAY KUMAR GANNA

2014-12-29

The easiest way is there but for which you have to spend Rs. 674.

A TDL file is available which you need to buy and then in Tally itself the option will come to delete unwanted ledger.

The other Way is Delete all ledgers excluding ledgers which are having opening balances. While starting for entering transaction in a financial year( Tally data shall be splitted).

Rahul Rai

2014-12-29

The other Way is Delete all ledgers excluding ledgers which are having opening balances. While starting for entering transaction in a financial year( Tally data shall be splitted).

Can you please explain this?

SANJAY KUMAR GANNA

2014-12-29

This can be done at the start of the year.

Step 1 - Split the Company

Step 2 - Go to Gateway of Tally-> Accounts Info->Ledgers->Multiple Ledgers Alter->All Items

Now it will show all ledgers with Opening balances and Non Opening balances. Remove all the Ledgers which does not have opening balances.

Final Step

Accept Yes.

SANJAY KUMAR GANNA

2014-12-29

ONE MORE WAY is available but little risky.

You can delete ledgers by visiting to the Display Stastics and their also deleting option all ledgers available.

But in this option though Opening balance is there ledger will be deleted and hence need to be carefull