LEGAL FORMALITIES TO START E COMMERCE - Business & Economy - Entrepreneurship - TIK Share

LEGAL FORMALITIES TO START E COMMERCE

Ca SKG

2014-12-30

CAN ANY ONE PROVIDE ME THE DETAILS FOR LEGAL FORMALITIES REQUIRED TO START A E-COMMERCE BUSINESS.

I DON'T HAVE ANYTHING OTHER THAN A WEBSITE AND PAN CARD.

NO RENT AGREEMENT, NO SHOP ETC. I WANT TO DEAL THROUGH CYBER CENTRE AND MY LAPTOP ONLY.

CA Pulkit Sharma

2014-12-30

Same question was posted by one user and discuss, Online selling on marketplace of E-commerce websites.

It is not possible to get VAT license, if you dont have a commercial place and other things you mentioned. Even logically where you will keep the inventories?

To keep the commercial inventory you need to have a commercial space, i understand that laws are not updated with the changing trends but this how laws are.

Ramesh Mariyappan

2016-09-30

Register for VAT/Service Tax - You need to collect and pay taxes on sales made by your ( above a certain threshold, in cases)

Enter into MOUs or contracts with your suppliers - You need to ensure that when you take an order online, your back end can deliver it as per your specifications. To ensure this, get into binding agreements with them ( wherever possible) with penal clauses to ensure action.

Comply with RBI guidelines - If you are making payments to foreign vendors, contractors etc. or if you are seeking foreign investment you will need to comply with RBI guidelines. but this is an ongoing process, and will not hinder your start up journey.

eCommerce Store: Once you are certain of the business model, either hire a decent developer or IT consultant who can suggest you plan for eCommerce website development and maintenance.