Whether Women make better politicians than men ? - Politics - General - TIK Share
0 Likes 557 Views

Whether Women make better politicians than men ?

Rakesh Bharadwaj

2015-01-29

Women have the art of better governance because they play the same role at home too. They take care of family, look after their children, elders. They also can take better decisions, be it in budgetory or otherwise.

Also their ego does not come in the way like Men have.

In politics too, these skills can help her to become a goo politician.

We have seen some of the powerful politicians have been women. 

Eg : Jayalalithaa's has a domineering quality , has been involved in big scams as well but we cant forget her positive aspects like Introduction of  schemes for women, children and the poor. We could see people supporting her on roads when she was in Jail in Bangalore few months back.

Coming to Phoolan Devi. Not although a clean politician, she was one of the powerful and succesful politicians.

Perhaps , how could forget Sonia Gandhi. Yes, UPA lost its power in 2014 . She and her party have emerged as the major opposition in India. This woman, including her Mother -in-law had the capacity to fly on their own and that's not acceptable to men. 

Many Women Politicians  are definitely not clean. Then again, don't we have Male politicians who are corrupt and also have criminal backgrounds.  So why should we always for quality politics only from women. Women can handle both worlds. Can All men can look after their parents, in-laws, children and on top of that suffer all kinds of problems and indignities and yet still emerge as Successful politicians ? Very few. 

Prakash mehta

2015-01-29

Question should not be who makes a better politician. An individual with correct qualification and having great leadership skills make a better politician.

But first, what do you mean by better politician? What qualities you refer to when you name a gender as better politician?

Your views might be right based on the factors you considered, but chances could be that your factors might include something which you could have judged biased.

Rakesh Bharadwaj

2015-01-29

Prakash Mehta, at the end of the day even you are talking about a better politican and not BEST Politician. That answers all questions. There is no best politician or a leader because democracy itself is a myth. However, I feel women have better skills than men in handling political matters.

Prakash mehta

2015-01-29

Yes I am talking of better politician and they should do good for public but it does not make any sense to generalise that womans are better when it comes to politics.

Governance to some extent but you cannot prove other than some theories. Politics is a game and it does not matter whether you call yourself male or female or third gender.

Rakesh Bharadwaj

2015-01-29

Prakash Mehta you dont have to define my opinion. I have all  rights to have my own opinion and these are not just theories. We know Indira Gandhi and Sonia Gandhi were the most powerful women once upon a time. I have no where said or generalised that women are better at politics, I have just said women can become a nightmare to big big Men politicians. Who is better, good or best is one's opinion

Rahul Rai

2015-01-29

Women have more ego than man. Two women cannot stay at same position but men can.

Coming to your discussion, why you fight. This time it looks Prakash Mehta mis-understood Rakesh. It is clear that Rakesh is seeking an opinion.

My opinion:

No, they don't. Men are fit for this dirty job but as exceptions are everywhere, some women did it and are only handful.

Prakash mehta

2015-01-29

You both, my tikshare friends and part of my tikshare family. I am sorry if my comments heart you.

Yes Rakesh, you asked an opinion and gave one.

Please don't take it otherwise.

Rahul Rai

2015-01-29

Unless it is sarcasm, yes that’s how big boys should behave.

Rakesh Bharadwaj

2015-01-29

No Hard feelings bro. I just wanted a logical debate on this topic and i guess it is not the right forum to putforth my thoughts.

Chandan Das

2015-01-31

since still today women are not fully self employed  there is a little chanches that they make better politics.

As we are familiar with many cases that when women get power as politicians ,they are not taking decisions by there own.

Rahul Rai

2015-01-31

Yes Chandan Das, you are right. I can give hundreds of example where women though elected but are controlled by someone else.

You see in villages, sarpanch are ladies but they are controlled by their husbands or son. In my own village sarpanch was a ladym the seat was reserved for women but her son does the work.

Rahul Rai

2015-03-16

Till now it was only in government sector, now even companies need to have one lady director. Same thing will happen in corporates now, all responsibilities on some poor lady having no knowledge and controlled by some intelligent person.