Munshi Premchand-The greatest Hindi writer of all time - General - Others - TIK Share
0 Likes 1060 Views

Munshi Premchand-The greatest Hindi writer of all time

Prakash mehta

2013-10-11

Munshi Premchand without any arguement can be considered as the best Hindi writer of All time.

He has written some of the best novels and stories of modern India.

His real name was Dhanpat Rai. He wrote nearly 300 stories and novels. Among his best known novels are: SevasadanRangmanchGaban,Nirmala and Godan. Much of Premchand’s best work is to be found among his 250 or so short stories, collected in Hindi under the title Manasarovar. Three of his novels have been made into films.

He pioneered the new form - fiction with a social purpose.He supplemented Gandhiji’s work in the political and social fields by adopting his revolutionary ideas as themes for his literary writings.

Besides being a great novelist,Premchand was also a social reformer and thinker.His greatness lies in the fact that his writings embody social purpose and social criticism rather than mere entertainment. Literature according to him is a powerful means of educating public opinion.He believed in social evolution and his ideal was equal opportunities for all.
Premchand died in 1936 and has since been studied both in India and abroad as one of the greatest writers of the century.

Munshi Premchand-The greatest Hindi writer of all time

CA Pulkit Sharma

2013-10-11

He is the most wonderful author moder india ever produced. My favourite is Godan. Have read almost all of his work.

The speciality of his writing is the reality of his charactors. When we read hi work, the charactors seems to be alive and living around us.

Must read suggestion by me are:

1. Godan
  2. Mansarovar(Story collection)
  3. Idgah

These are just some of his famous works, but i would suggest to read all of his work.

Mukesh Jain CA

2013-10-12

He is a great author to be remembered. The themes from his novels are very thought provoking. One of the theme is "Jine ke liye bhali insaan ko kapda na mile parantu uske marne par naya khafan chahiye". Thanks for remembering him.