Why Modi Government is not serious on implementing Lokpal act ? - Politics - Corruption - TIK Share
1 Likes 761 Views

Why Modi Government is not serious on implementing Lokpal act ?

Rakesh Bharadwaj

2015-02-17

As a neutral voice of India, every common man would have got lot of expectations from Modi led BJP-Government. India has seen enough of scams , enough of mudslinging and at the end wanted to make it brashtaachaar-Mukt Bharat. Sadly, it has just become a Congress-Mukt bharath and nothing more.

Coming to the main issue, we all remember BJP had promised to implement Lokpal Act in its election manifesto. It had promised on bringing back black money, which is gradually started to surface. Although big names of politicians were exepected to unearth, nation saw a great surprise when it was just saw only two big names  :- Ambani Brothers and few other businessmen. Kudos to BJP, atleast something has started. 

But what about Lokpal act. It is more than a year now that the act was signed by the president. Why Modi or the so called External Affairs Minister Sushmaji who was so much involved in big debates during UPA-2 , are no longer interested to implement the act ?

Supreme Court has already given directions to Government to implement the act. Why is the Government not even taking a single step in this direction. Officials are stating they want to bring some more amendments in the act and pass those amendments when the Parliament starts its next session. Then , when will BJP start implementing the act and start appointing lokayukthas, Ombudsman . I dont think BJP is really keen on corruption issue. Its already 9 months BJP has come to power, and BJP now give any more excuses. Anna Hazaareji will also be starting a new movement with a team team against BJP. Its high time Modi Government should become more transparent and answer the nation.  

Rahul Rai

2015-02-17

Its more than 9 months since Modi government is in power. Being a big fan of Mr. Narendra Modi, even I think BJP government is not performing the way we expected.

Our expectations such as reduction in corruption, responsibility in government Babus, making legal procedures easy to do business etc. are still expectations and do not see any step taken by government in this behalf.

I think we can not blame Mr. Modi alone, he as a prime minister is doing his job very well but again it is his government so if government does not work, Modi has to be blamed.

Everyone in politics are corrupted, with few exceptions, it not easy to implement Lokpal bill. A proper machinery has to be set for that, procedures and rules have to be set. Majority of MPs have to approve it and many more things. But all these difficulties should not be an excuse, government should implement Lokpal.

If corruption is removed from India, India will progress faster.

My advice(though I am not eligible for it) for government of India is concentrate on removal of corruption, all major problems in India are due to only corruption.

Corruption does not mean asking for bribe but also favouritism.

Rakesh Bharadwaj

2015-02-17

Completely agree with You, Modi alone cannot implement this act. Lots of Rules, Procedures have to be made. But, cant a huge majority government pass ordinances and later ratify that. Middle class and working class do not understand high level corruption. All we understand is corruption at Babu Level. If BJP cant large steps, another 5 year would just pass-by. And people will definitely teach lesson like they taught to Congress. 

Rahul Rai

2015-02-17

You cannot say that BJP is not supporting Lokpal Bill. It was in its menifesto and BJP is seriously working on it I believe. Narendra Modi is highly against corruption and why he will allow other to accept bribe.

He openely said "na khaunga na khane dunga"

na khaunga na khane dunga

Rakesh Bharadwaj

2015-02-17

I think AAP will enact lokpal even before Modiji will start acting on it. Paanch saal kejriwaal. Har Har Mahadev

Prakash mehta

2015-02-17

AAP is only talking but will not do anything. Look at their announcements, CCTV cameras for whole Delhi, Electricity etc. Where will they get funds from.

AAP is only fooling people. Though I might have supported AAP on some points but even AAP is playing popularist politics.

Rakesh Bharadwaj

2015-02-17

BJP and Congress supporters must not divert from the main issue. We are talking about Corruption. Isnt BJP spoiling its image of a less-corrupt party in the eyes of common man ,by delaying implementation of Lokpal Act. Just Imagine what will happen tomorrow if AAP implements Lokpal before 9 month old modi government does that. BJP will have tough time in 2019 elections and parties like AAP and Congress will capitalise on this.

Prakash mehta

2015-02-17

If you look at major improvements in making life easy, BJP has done far better.

Here are few facts for your information:

1. Most of the road were constructed in times of AB Vajpayee government. Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana was most succesful during his times.
  2. GST was first discussed in times of NDA government during 2000.
  3. Tax laws were made simple during NDA rules.
  4. Kargil, Pakistan was taught a lesson during NDA rule.
  5. Nuclear test

Next under Mr. Narendra Modi government we will see more advancements. I am sure we will see a strong Lokpal Bill, GST implementation and many other good things.

How can you ignore his Swachh Abhiyan and Jan Dhan Yojana. Jan Dhan Yojna has infused additional 10,000 crores in economy.

Rakesh Bharadwaj

2015-02-17

I completely support Modi's vision in respect of Development and his economic policies. However he is acting lazy in matters of corruption. Lokpal issue is a serious issue which BJP cannot submerge under Jan Dhan yojana and some other eye-washing schemes.

Bada Mouth

2015-02-17

@Rakesh,

The schemes such as Jan Dhan and Swachh Bharat are not eye washing. They are at number two after corruption.

Corruption is such a big issue and it really needs careful tactices to curb it. Government has to look at other factors too before enacting lokpal bill.

Firstly the bill approved by parliament is of no use, it is the same bill passed at Congress government. Government should modify it before enacting.

But, agreed Modi government is slow in handling the corruption issues.

SANJAY KUMAR GANNA

2015-02-18

I think stopping Corruption is not an easy task to be performed as whole India. Therefore its taking time.

But Don't you think that corruption will be there in future also. 

Because Salaries of Govt. Employees are low and many employee are living standard life due to corruption.

Firstly, it shall stop at higher level or lower level.. .... long way to go..

Prakash mehta

2015-02-23

@Sanjay Kumar Ganna

Salary is not low. Infact salary is very high which is paid to government people. How much you want to pay them?

I think people with same experiance and same age in government jobs are getting more than nomral people working in private sectors.

If we look at the general government babus, in private sectors they are not suitable for even post of a chaparasi.

Rahul Rai

2015-02-24

Yes, Salary is very good. Government employees are paid very good salary. I think minimum starting package for them is 3 lakhs, which is really good considering the pressure of work etc. we have in private jobs.

SANJAY KUMAR GANNA

2015-03-02

All the Govt Employees are not earning salary of Rs. 3 Lakh. I think you are considering salary of Higher level employees.

What i feel corruption starts at low level and hence if it can be stopped at low level then, at higher level also it will be stopped slowly. 

Salary of Govt. Employees is around 6k to 15k per month which is low.

And to get such salary job they have to pay lakhs of Rupees.

Rahul Rai

2015-03-02

If someone want to earn more he can become a thief. There are ethics if you care for. Salary of government employees in no sense is less.

But yes as Mahatma Gandhi said, no money can satisfy your greed. Greed and luxuries are something you need to control and utane paanv falaiye jitani chadar ho.

We cannot support corruption just on the basis that salary is low (though its not low).