VAT registration in Karnataka - Professionals - GST - TIK Share
0 Likes 483 Views

VAT registration in Karnataka

Priya A

2015-02-23

Can VAT for a branch office for a Proprietorship firm be registered in Karnataka? What is the procedure? Can the address be a residence cum office address - a housing society flat on rent?

Thank you

Priya

CA Pulkit Sharma

2015-02-23

Hi Priya,

Yes you can always open a branch office in Karnataka and you can get the VAT registration. Please read the entire procedure for VAT registration in Karnataka.

For your doubt regarding address of office as your residential place, please read registration post.

Please feel free for any other queries.

Priya A

2015-02-24

Dear Pulkit,

Thank you for your prompt reply.

I have started export of food items from Chennai port. Have taken IEC from a different state and stay in Bangalore for the convenience of being close to factory.

98% purchases are from Tamilnadu. Export is from Tamilnadu. I am registered in one of the northern state as that's my native place.

Its due to claiming of FTP subsidies am facing issues. Local agents advised for a branch inculsion in IEC for Bangalore. In Bangalore, we work from home only.

What is your advice -

1) Regarding claiming of FTP subsidies

2) Inclusion of branch in IEC

3) VAT /TIN registration in Karnataka

Thank you!

CA Pulkit Sharma

2015-02-26

Since you are working from Bamgalore, its adviced to include Bangalore as a branch. VAT is charged on sales, if you sale from Karnataka its adviced that you take vat registration.

FTP requires some study from my side too. Will get back on that.