PAN of landlord have to be provided to employer notification - Professionals - Taxation - TIK Share
2 Likes 435 Views

PAN of landlord have to be provided to employer notification

CA Pulkit Sharma

2013-10-15

Its mendatory for all employees to provide PAN of Landlord to Employer incase the Rent paid is in excess of 1 lakh per year.

If Employee cant provide the Pan than declaration by owner is to be submitted. Declaration should state by landlord that he does not have PAN.

Salary-Pan-circular.zip 

Babulal Shiradana

2013-10-16

Can you help me with this clarification ??

If Ramu has bought a home for rent for 15,000 and stays with 4 of his friends, and in IT return they declare the shared amount as 3000, as each one of them contributes only 3000, do the roomates still need to declare the PAN details of landlord ?

CA Pulkit Sharma

2013-10-18

@Babu

No in this case no need to declare PAN. PAN is compulsory only if Rent claimed is more than 1Lakh for each employee.

Babulal Shiradana

2013-10-20

Thanks Pulkit,

but i feel the Govt wanted to know who are having a good income from the home/site given for rent.

CA Pulkit Sharma

2013-10-23

Even i feel same. The intention of government is to tax every possible income and no one should be left. And in coming future it will not be a complex task for the government to extract the income details of every assessee.