Labour registration in Karnataka-Documents and procedures
One of my client has a factory employing around 30 employees. He got a notice from labour inspector to register his factory under labour registration.
What is the procedure to get the registration and what are the documents required to get the registration?
All Commercial organisations whether with or without employees have to register under Karnataka Shops and Establishments Act, 1962. This is called Trade Licence/Labour Licence. Exception for the above rule is when a commercial establishment is a factory, since factories have to get registered under Factories Act,1948.
Documents required to be submitted to Jurusdictional labour inspector :
- Form A duly filled
- Fees depending upon the no of employees. Find below the government fees.
- Incorporation Certificate of Company ( Only for companies)
- MoA & AoA (only for companies)
- Rental Agreement/ Lease Agreement
- PAN Card
- Address Proof
- ID Proof – Pan Card / Election Card/ Passport/ Driving License
- List of Directors ( only for company)
Important Information to be furnished in Form A
- Date of Commencement of Business
- No. of employees indicating Male & Female separately
- Weekly Holidays
- Nature of Business
Fees for registration as per government rules is:
Thank you very much Mr. Vedanta Deshika for your detailed advice on labour registration.