How to become from a general consultant to expert consultant - Professionals - General - TIK Share
1 Likes 833 Views

How to become from a general consultant to expert consultant

CA Pulkit Sharma

2015-03-06

It is really great to open your own poractice. I soon after qualifying started my own practice. However what you see is that initially all you get is clients from all niche. You are not able to establish yourself as an expert and there are reasons for that.

First is soon after starting you do not have any reference or credentials to prove that you are expert in the matter, secondly if you concentrate only on one field it becomes very difficult to get clients.

Even on Tiskahre you can see my articles are not limited to one law or one sect of practice.

I want to have an opinion from experts like CA Surendra Rakhecha to guide on this.

CA Surendra  Rakhecha

2015-03-06

Fresh chartered accountants may have a FRESH LOOK at EMERGING AREAS OF PROFESSION than the TRADITIONAL ONES.

Traditional practice has lesser rewards and higher professional responsibilities.

Big firms' major income is CONSULTANCY.

CA Surendra  Rakhecha

2015-03-06

In traditional practice, one may get some clients but soon after one may experience that they kill a lots of time.

So it is better to DEVELOP insight about the CA profession with the HELP of CA JOURNAL.

Surprisingly, students and newly qualified  members hardly open the wrapper of the Journal! 

CA Pulkit Sharma

2015-03-06

Actually you are right, we young CA hardly open the CA journal. But, again we have lot of content which is online on platforms such as caclub or taxguru to consume.

One more point which I feel which you indicated is compromise. Lot of people compromise these days and its killing our reputation.

If you remember one incident where CA quoted 25 Rs. for audit. These actions are damaging the image. But still I am not confident on how we can evolve ourself to become expert on a subject?

Vedanta Deshika

2015-03-06

Mr CA Surendra Sir,

I am a Chartered Accountant in practice for last one year. Thank you very much for your words of wisdom. I have seen some of your discussions on CACLUB site and felt happy to see your concern for youngsters getting into practice. Kindly enlighten us on tikshare too. 

Being a young CA, who started practice recently need your opinion on the same issue.

Best Wishes & Regards

CA Surendra  Rakhecha

2015-03-08

CACLUBINDIA and TAXGURU may give you some help for your career but not FULLY.

In many of the sites, you will just find STEREOTYPED answers to CAREER realted queries.

I request youngsters to open the JOURNAL which is also availalbe at icai.org

Just try to "grasp" all the issues covered in one year Journal (12 issues) and surprisingly you will find that NOBODY has adviced you on the topics which are covered therein.