What about doing MBA after becoming Chartered Accountant? - Professionals - General - TIK Share
2 Likes 362 Views

What about doing MBA after becoming Chartered Accountant?

CA Pulkit Sharma

2015-03-06

I read a book Education of Millionars, where the core theme was that you may be expert in any field but final you need to market your services.

MBA is not only about marketing but also managing and scaling your venture.

If we dont consider only practice, how doing MBA can benefit those who are not in practice and are in industry?

SANJAY KUMAR GANNA

2015-03-07

I feel No need of Doing MBA.

If you want to market your services, then you should be good enough to understand the Current Market, Find out the ways how can meet many number of people, Learn the qualities to convert them into your clients, improve the skills of Communication and always look impressive.

You should attend some free or Paid courses, Some functions, Social Activities where you know that your prospective client may be coming. Give some time to social media.

So MBA is not a solution.

CA Pulkit Sharma

2015-03-07

We chartered accountants are very bad when it comes to public speaking or sparking a conversation. Atleast this what assumed in our CA community.

Either ICAI should come out with a session or monthly program where people discuss only networking and indulge in networking. This will not only boost out self esteem but fill the gap which was not done while studying.

CA Surendra  Rakhecha

2015-03-07

One would surprise to note that one CPE Study Circle at Surat has RECENTLY decided to speak in Hindi by the speakers because according to them, many coaching classes are highly successful (live example - Praveen Sharma).

Even Dholakia of IIM, used to speak in Hindi. 

In 1981, what I felt in Kolkata that at PRICE WATERHOUSE; only two languages were used : English and BENGALI!

At ISO 9001:2000, I came to know that assurance of QUALITY in WORK is assured with the EXPERTISE, what lanugage you use is not so important.

CA Surendra  Rakhecha

2015-03-07

The matter of high attention is : Despite having EDUCATION in English Medium, very few can speak well in English. 

The wonderful is : All the work we do on papers; is in ENGLISH. But still people HESITATE to speak in English.

This is just FEAR of STAGE and nothing else.

That can be broken in 3 months practice....yes just 3 months are required to get the BENEFITS for LIFE.

CA Surendra  Rakhecha

2015-03-07

The topic is : whether CAs require to qualify MBA?

I suggest here to SCORE HIGH MARKS in the subject STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT of ICAI. That's all.