WHY HOLI TO BE PLAYED - General - Others - TIK Share
1 Likes 334 Views

WHY HOLI TO BE PLAYED

SANJAY KUMAR GANNA

2015-03-07

My Question is so Simple if anyone can answer with Right and Logical Answer then i will be highly appreciate:

We know the Story of Holika and Prahlad from that story Holi festival has been celebrated.

My Question is from where this playing of Colours on next day has started and Why?

Prakash mehta

2015-03-07

Here is a cut of some information:

"Legend of Lord Krishna is also associated with play with colors as the Lord started the tradition of play with colours by applying colour on his beloved Radha and other gopis. Gradually, the play gained popularity with the people and became a tradition."

Well holi is played with colors and it is not something new thing that have come up. Though not chemical colors which we use now but natural colors were used in ancient times and holi was celebrated from long time.

It is same as asking why DEEPAK on Deewali. Now people stoped using Diyas but are using Chines lights.

Even if we do not consider the mythology, see that Holi comes in a time when farmers have their new season of crop. In ancient time the biggest profession was agriculture and this could be one way of celebration and farmers can easily extract the colors from their crops.

We need to celebrate and celebration can be in any form. Farmers choosed colors for holi.

I could not find any source how Holi started with colors but one reason that could be right is lord Krishna used to play holi with colors with Radha and other Gopis.

Rahul Rai

2015-03-07

Holi is not played but enjoyed. As Prakash said Holi is festival of farmers and Krishna was one of them. Initially we cannot associate colors with Prahalad story.

SANJAY KUMAR GANNA

2015-03-07

@ PRAKASH MEHTA

It is same as asking why DEEPAK on Deewali. 

My question was about any logical answer or story

Those Days Lights were either from Sun or Diyas.

Festival Holi Name is Came from HOLIKA Sister of Hiran....pa King.

Prakash mehta

2015-03-08

I think I mentioned the Krishna part in reply. I believe that is one of the reason.