Startup and entrepreneur culture in India - Business & Economy - Entrepreneurship - TIK Share

Startup and entrepreneur culture in India

Bada Mouth

2015-03-10

Nowdays, if you see any social network, the introduction about every person include "FOUNDER OF XYZ". Startup culture is growing in India.

People are choosing entrepreneurship path and that is good thing. But don't you think it is become more of a social status to put founder of without any business.

You start a useless blog and name yourself as Founder of xyz blog. I have friends who boost saying they are founder of xyz blog.

It is good thing that people are starting something or are trying to make a difference but what is the benefit in show off.

Why people tend to boost their ego by naming them as founder of something, in reality nothing exist. You can go any startup group and find that most of the non-experianced people are discussing there instead of real entrepreneurs who have really founded something.

Are you FOUNDER of something?

Prakash mehta

2015-03-10

This is how it works, My friend started something and is seen as superhero, let me also start. Startup culture is putting lot of peer pressure.

If you have an idea or business plan, lets start it and there is nothing to show off. Social media will lose its relevance very soon not because it will run out of users but this pressure of competing will kill the social media.

Compared to 2 years back, people have reduced their status updates and photo sharing.

The Startup madness is new thing that is trending on social media. Any page you open, you will see and read only STARTUPs.

Yourstory is making things more worst. It is no more an online magzine but a PR website. I can give you any number of examples where useless, non-performing startups are featured.

Bada Mouth

2015-03-10

It is not about Yourstory or any other online magzine but its about how we are humiliated due to pressure that since my friend has started let me also start something.

Starting something is a sure way to kill your time and money unless you know what you are doing.

Simply putting Founder of something on social media will not make you an entrepreneur.