Best MS Excel based accounting package - Professionals - Accounting - TIK Share
0 Likes 1645 Views

Best MS Excel based accounting package

Prakash mehta

2015-03-12

Which is the best MS Excel based accounting package to do accounting works such as issuing invoices, maintaining records of clients, checking revenue and generating reports.

I want an Excel based accounting package to only generate invoices and keep a track of my customers.

CA Pulkit Sharma

2015-03-12

Before I reveal the name of best Excel based accounting package, let me state some factors which makes an best package.

Easy to use and made in Excel

The package should be really easy to use and should be completely made in Excel. The package should be such that even a layman who does not have any knowledge of excel should be able to use.

The person with good knowledge of excel should be able to add reports or functions.

Maintain Customers records and option to edit or modify the existing data of customers in Excel

The package should have the details of customers and these details should can be accessed any time and anywhere. Users using the excel accounting package should be able to modify and update the customer records.

Excel accounting package should have invoicing option and invoice numbers should be automated

Users using the excel accounting package should be able to generate the invoice with one touch and the invoice numbers should be generated automatically.

Invoice data should be stored in Excel accounting file and should be accessible at any time

The invoice data should be stored in excel file and users should be able to access it anytime for future reference or for legal documentation.

Excel file should be portable and work as plug and play

The excel based accounting utility should be portable and can be used on any computer or laptop. Should be working on Pen drive.

Accounting file should have invoice format and printable invoices

Invoices should be in a neat format and with a single click can be printed.

Excel accounting file should manage the disastors and data should not be lost even if one forgets to save

The excel accounting file should be disastor proof and incase due to power loss or any other defect in computer, data should not be lost

Database, light, support and reports

Accounting file should have a database of all transaction. File should not be too heavy and required reports should be available or data to generate reports should be available.

Profit and Loss, revenue and Balance Sheet

The file should have profit and loss, revenue and balance sheet. These reports should be automatically updated.

If you are looking for all these functions and also with support, I have the file. You can use the file, I am using it to generate invoice, it takes only 30 seconds to generate an invoice.

You can download the file from this link  PSA-accountant4-Best-Excel-based-accounting-package.zip 

Rakesh Bharadwaj

2015-03-13

I am using this excel package for past 1 year for billing and accounting. I must frankly admit i have saved a minimum of Rs 30,000 - Rs 40,000. If i had bought tally, it would have cost me Rs 18,000 and an accountant would charge me around Rs 20,000 for data entry in tally. But, this little powerhouse is completely free, Its so easy to use it, that even my non accouting friends used it for raising bills, recording some vouchers, and finally even he was able to produce a Balance sheet and Profit and Loss a/c in no time. What mor do u need than this. This software is in excel so its pretty user friendly interface and you yourself can learn this software without any training etc. I recommend this package to all of you to just try out this software and i promise you will not be disappointed. I must thank the original developers of this software for their efforts. 

Prakash mehta

2015-03-13

Thank you Pulkit. You are really done a wonderful job. Being a CA, you shown some great technical skills too.

I am using this file and feel that my invoicing needs do not require any other software.

Its really good for invoicing.

Rahul Rai

2015-03-13

This excel accounting file is great and why its great because I have never seen anything in excel like this.

There are some accounting files but there size is 5-20 mb and you computer does not repsonse if use them.

This file only sizing 150 kb is not only very light but is very safe too.

You need not to keep pressing CTR+S, just do your work and things are saved automatically.

I have searched entire google but no one has used excel in this manner. The way Pulkit designed its database shows his Intelligence.

I challenge if you can find another such product on entire Internet where database is created in the way this file has.

Vedanta Deshika

2015-03-13

Congratulations Mr CA Pulkit Sharma, you are a multi-talented person indeed. This software is definitely worth to be tried by all those who do not want shelve out money on some costly and complcated accounting packages for their business/profession. Since, its user interface is completely in excel, you dont have to worry about any training and all. If you are good at excel, and even if you are not so good in excel, this package is made for you. Just keep pressing buttons and filling some cells, voila, you can printout your financials in no time. Just tryit out and comment.  

CA Pulkit Sharma

2015-03-13

Thank you for your kind words. These words motivates me to further inhance it.

If really liked the idea and product please do use and it will take more than 1 minute to comment. Please review this excel accounting package and let me know so that I can make further changes.

Based on the earlier recommendation, I had done the following changes:

1. Instructions to use, i hosted on some blog which is deleted now
  2. A special request by a businessman from Delhi for cheque printing option and it was implemented after his suggestion

If you anything to be added or to be cutomised for your requirement please do connect on this forum itself.

Thank you