Harassment by Vat Officers and irresponsible conduct - Professionals - Taxation - TIK Share
1 Likes 960 Views

Harassment by Vat Officers and irresponsible conduct

Rahul Rai

2013-10-19

I will start this discussion by giving basic information about me.

I stay in Bangalore and often visit Local Vat Offices to represent clients.

And from my experiance the people/inhuman staff sitting in these offices have these skills:

1. No knowledge of Law
  2. Highly Corrupted
  3. Not suitable for the job
  4. Irresponsible
  5. And have all qualities a traitor should have

And i feel no doubt in saying that "Karnataka Commercial Tax Department is the most corrupted in India"

If you go to these departments, chances of them harassing you are highest. And again in Karnataka the Bangalore Tax Department are the most corrupted in not only India but i believe in whole world.

Rahul Rai

2013-10-19

If you see the reports on ipaid bribe, you will find that Karnataka is the state with highest bribes recorded.

Karnataka have seen BJP, Congress and regional party governments but still it remains the worst state to do business. In other states the trouble makers are local mafia but in Karnataka its government mafias.

Mukesh Jain CA

2013-10-19

Due to this business man is in a helpless position.

Ganesh babu k

2013-10-19

Yes,As far as My experiance yes i should agree with the author.

Because some times we cannot understand what they are saying,,They will block online accounts of assesse if they failed to file returns in due date,,However they will release as and when we pay bribe of Rs.1000..(in fact i have seen a case where just by phone call from a small mediater(who are so called auditors who handles department works) and they will collect money later from him)

Not only that Every Assessment time Supposed to pay bribe,,However any mistakes found bribe will be more other wise bribe will be less..

But i guess even taxpayers also thinking that instead to pay more to government better pay some thing Bribe(even it may be half the amount) to official and Come out of Issue..

Now paying bribe is unavoidable...and unstoppable

IRONY is even IAS also taking bribes,,,

Rahul Rai

2013-10-19

@ Mukesh

Businessman are really helpless. Instead of concentrating on business they have to suffer these traitors.

@Ganeshbabu

IAS are the most corrupted. And agree karnataka government should automize the most of things like MCA.

Ganesh babu k

2013-10-20

Yes, Really introduction of MCA helped alot ..

I heard from my boss that every time we should visit ROC and there is a complex work for company incorporation,and need to wait so much time

to confirm name availability there is bribe,because no one knoes that whether the company is existed or not,only ROC can confirm it

bribe for ever y stage of incorporation

now it is majorily bribe free with MCA21  and also very easy to incorporate companies and file other related forms

CA Pulkit Sharma

2013-10-20

One more thing, in Karnataka now department is charging 30 Rs. if CA is appointed as representative or Rs.100 if non-CA as representative. No idea what is the logic behind this. Ofcourse dealers have to appoint someone as the dealers dont have time to handle the matters. For this government is charging.

The proof of the charge is here

Harassment by Vat Officers and irresponsible conduct