Quickbooks India review
Out of many online accounting softwares Quickbooks is well known. Quickbook started its Indian services since 1998 or some time around but still is not much known name to many business owners.
Quickbooks which caters to small businesses is not able to compete with top accounting software Tally. Tally has a market share of more than 90% and it does not look like tally will lose the market very soon.
Here are my views on quickbooks:
- Quickbook is easy to use even for those who have no idea of accounting.
- I said it is easy to use, but easy only upto making invoices or booking payments.
- Those who have no idea of journal entries will find it difficult to book expenses or pass the double entries.
- Grouping and sub-grouping is again a headache. You dont have a simple way to do this.
- It is not possible to directly debit or credit a sub-account. You have to select main account and name the sub-account.
- Reporting is very complex and reports are not as neat as tally gives.
- Tally is better when it comes to vendro or ledger balances. Quickbooks has to improve on its reporting part.
- Bank reconcialiation is strong point as marketed by QB but believe me if you use the automatic bank reco function, you will be confused everytime you look at the bank reco or bank book balance.
Marketing is really bad, they charge to their resellers (accountant program). Quickbook has to understand that its accountant who sell their product and they need to handle the accountants properly.
Most of the business owners either directly buy tally or they buy Tally after discussing with their accountant. Quickbook can never buy the users directly they have to go through accountant route and in India you will not find accountants who will buy your 10 licenses to start selling your product.
QB has to work on affilliate model instead of front purchase model.
Quickbooks has to adept to Indian practice. We Indian are used to Tally for accounting and Quickbooks may be for sometime but has to adopt not only marketing techniques but also the way we handle accounting.
Latest update: Quickbook has improved some of its functions. I started liking QB after it automatically updated its tax structure.
Swachh Bharat Cess was automatically implemented.